::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Oh, and... just 'cuz yer the only people who will understand how excited I am about this!

I'm making another bindle! Honey still sits by my desk and gets pulled out for busking gigs, but I'm making the bomb diggity one for work!

18"x7"x32" tall, with the doors opening to make it 18"x15" as a "podium"

It will have a mic stand, mixing board, zoom recorder to record the night, my pedal, a power bar to power everything and charge the ipad and ipod touch I'm using for pre-show music, the ipad will sit on top, with ample room for a drink on the other side... plus it'll hold the ukulele, so it'll all be just one thing I need to take to work! WOO HOO!
Oh, and it'll have straps that I can attach to make it a backpack.
I should be getting the box next week, then it's a matter of building errything inside!

Ok. Off to bed. Love you crazy people!

Sounds exciting. Looking forward to seeing your design.

Had trouble this afternoon with the Percocet I was being given for the pain. For whatever reason, today it didn't work. After some communication delays with the doctor and the hospital pharmacy, I just got a dose of IV Fentanyl.

Now we're talkin'....

synthetic morphine. actually 100X stronger than morphine

Don most have extreme happy feet right now

attachment.php

Hung out with these peeps today and got to hear some pretty damn good music.

Attachments

• 67300516_2906533649388382_6005622885614354432_n.jpg
    67300516_2906533649388382_6005622885614354432_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
I feel you on that!
Last year, pain meds were my best friends!
Fentanyl is awesome when it's working!
I got lucky and they had me on Oxycodone, which is rather wonderful when you need it!

Stay strong! But remember yer allowed to not be in pain.

UE! So great to hear from you! I'm finding the fentanyl to be.....meh. Very fast acting, handles the pain very well....but it doesn't last long. I'm limited to every four hours for pain meds, and this only lasts 2 1/2 hours. They tell me that the more often I take it, the shorter the effects will be....

Oh, and... just 'cuz yer the only people who will understand how excited I am about this!

I'm making another bindle! Honey still sits by my desk and gets pulled out for busking gigs, but I'm making the bomb diggity one for work!

18"x7"x32" tall, with the doors opening to make it 18"x15" as a "podium"

It will have a mic stand, mixing board, zoom recorder to record the night, my pedal, a power bar to power everything and charge the ipad and ipod touch I'm using for pre-show music, the ipad will sit on top, with ample room for a drink on the other side... plus it'll hold the ukulele, so it'll all be just one thing I need to take to work! WOO HOO!
Oh, and it'll have straps that I can attach to make it a backpack.
I should be getting the box next week, then it's a matter of building errything inside!

Ok. Off to bed. Love you crazy people!

Can't wait to see this one....

Two things on my agenda today; an MRI of my brain, and a bone scan. Both (and other tests, too) are intended to determine how far and wide things may have spread.

Then, tomorrow is the biggy. The CT-guided biopsy of the tumors. Pathology results from this biopsy will determine everything that will happen moving forward....

Omg! This is EXACTLY right! It’s great when it’s working, but it doesn’t last, sadly.
Hopefully, they’ll figure out your pain management.

Two things on my agenda today; an MRI of my brain, and a bone scan. Both (and other tests, too) are intended to determine how far and wide things may have spread.

Then, tomorrow is the biggy. The CT-guided biopsy of the tumors. Pathology results from this biopsy will determine everything that will happen moving forward....

May I ask where they are located? If it’s something you don’t want to share, I understand...

Good thoughts for you Don!

Today is the uke festival.

I'm about to head out the door to grab some poi doughnuts to share with the HMS crew and hang out in their tent. Craig, Sarah, Kalei and Corey are going to play together in the small tent and Kalei is performing on the main stage. Will also catch Herb Ohta Jr. and Jake.

Today is the uke festival.

I'm about to head out the door to grab some poi doughnuts to share with the HMS crew and hang out in their tent. Craig, Sarah, Kalei and Corey are going to play together in the small tent and Kalei is performing on the main stage. Will also catch Herb Ohta Jr. and Jake.

Last year I felt like crap and stayed in the tent the entire day. It was a major effort to get something to eat. Really looking forward to today after the last couple of years. This entire trip has been really good more so because of the way I'm feeling versus what we're doing. I really thought last year was going to be my last year for everything, that's how poorly I felt. This year I still get out of breath quickly if I climb a few flights of stairs or try to run a bit, but over all I'm feeling 100% better.

I guess it wasn't just "getting older."

I told my friend Len (hawaii 50) that another friend just got diagnosed with lymphoma and he said to keep a positive attitude Don. I know that sounds easy to say but Len said he truly believes the positive vibes go a long way in battling the bad stuff. And then he shared some stories about what he's seen but we don't need to share that here.

Beat its ass Don!!!

May I ask where they are located? If it’s something you don’t want to share, I understand...

The tumors? I have one, and maybe two tumors in my abdomen. Not in or on any organs, but associated with the mesentery (sp), which is the abdominal wall lining, I'm told. They are the size of "small football's", the doctor said. Unfortunately they have grown around, and encapsulated, several major blood vessels, restricting blood flow....

I told my friend Len (hawaii 50) that another friend just got diagnosed with lymphoma and he said to keep a positive attitude Don. I know that sounds easy to say but Len said he truly believes the positive vibes go a long way in battling the bad stuff. And then he shared some stories about what he's seen but we don't need to share that here.

Beat its ass Don!!!

That's the plan. I plan to kick this thing's ass....

Top Bottom