::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I guess I didn't say good morning this morning. I saw đź‘€ where UE was by. Scary stuff with our friend Don.

Anyhow,

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

A storm just came through. The thunder was like a bomb going off. The internet went off for a minute. I'd be lost without my internet connection.

Finished with tests for today. That's good, because I'm about done in.

Next challenge is the biopsy tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but it has to be done.

Now, to try to relax between now and then. Back on "nothing by mouth" restrictions at midnight....

This morning was nuts!
We had a perfect plan, Nanilei, Jenny and I were going to eat breakfast at Hannara's, then I would bus it to Kapiolani Park (Ukulele Festival) and then Nanilei will take Jenny to the airport at 2 and then meet me at the Festival.
We got back from breakfast, I checked TheBus schedule and saw I had 12 minutes to catch TheBus, it's an 8 minute walk from my house.
Grabbed my ukulele and said bye and bolted out the door. Halfway there realized I did not have my bus pass.
Turned around to go get it, then when I got home could not find it.
Realized that my entire work bag, with my laptop etc. was missing.
Tore apart the entire house and car in a panic.
Then realized I must have left it at my last client on Friday.
Fortunately it is a golf course nearby, so it was close to home and they are open. I just retrieved it.
But at this point, it will take me longer to get to the festival by bus than if I just wait for Nanilei to take Jenny to the airport. So that's a drag.

The tumors? I have one, and maybe two tumors in my abdomen. Not in or on any organs, but associated with the mesentery (sp), which is the abdominal wall lining, I'm told. They are the size of "small football's", the doctor said. Unfortunately they have grown around, and encapsulated, several major blood vessels, restricting blood flow....

What alerted you, pain?

Yes, and other things, too. I've been having trouble since early May. I started seeking medical help in mid-June. Now, here I am, just days from a formal diagnosis....

Well I’m glad they got right on it. It will be better after you have some results and know more.

It ain't the green, green grass of home. It's the couch. That's even better.

I met Sarah briefly today.
I was going to mention I "knew" you but went to track down Gary instead as she was speaking with some other people.

Craig and Sarah are probably the only ukulele people I seem to know a lot about, and know many of their friends well, without ever actually having met either of them.

Last night, at Canoe Hut, on the back of the bar.

Thought of you UE!

8s4Zlgs.jpg

And yes, I drank some with Jameson.

I had a fun moment at the Kanile'a tent. There were a group of young men singing Hawaiian songs.
I picked up a Willie K 5-String and joined right in
No one said anything, but I could tell they were surprised this random haole knew the songs.
Then Joe spotted me and we chatted for a while.
He looks great.
He and his wife are just super nice people.

Gary was telling me about the kanikapila at HASR Bistro.
Sounds like a great time, sorry I missed it this year.

I did not see Bryan at the festival this year, nor Kimo Hussey, that was a first for me.
I also did not run into anyone from Kolohe, my former ukulele club from Huntington Beach.

I was also bummed I missed Chuck Moore.

I did get to see and visit with Andrew Kitakis and Corey Fujimoto, and Len, and Uncle Rod Higuchi, and Greg, and pops Okami.

I also saw Craig and Sarah (as I mentioned earlier) and also David Kamakahi.

I caught Kalei's set, and saw Taimane, and Karlie G, and Beat-lele, and that Jake guy... :D

Man tomorrow will be rough.
The start of a full work week.
Pretty much the first full work week since June 28.

Oh, I also took an ukulele with me to the festival, and did not even open the case.
I just played a bunch of display models.

The Willie K five string was nice.
So was a Pono baritone eight string.
I also played a sweet KoAloha concert.
Something about those KoAlohas...
Every time I play one I end up becoming enamored with the sound. There is a little something special about them for sure.

I also played a beautiful Kala six string tenor.
It looked fantastic but the sound and feel was nothing special.

It's about 20° cooler today than it has been. I got out and mowed the front lawn. Taking a brake then on to the back.

I met Sarah briefly today.
I was going to mention I "knew" you but went to track down Gary instead as she was speaking with some other people.

Craig and Sarah are probably the only ukulele people I seem to know a lot about, and know many of their friends well, without ever actually having met either of them.

Sarah is relentlessly nice. I treasure her.

Top Bottom