::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

My daughter arrived this evening. What a lift for my spirits! It's so nice to see her again! She and her family live in northern Virginia, and we only get to see them briefly twice a year, usually.

With two careers and two teenaged girls, theirs are very busy lives. But, she took the time to get away to see her old man for a few days, and I couldn't be happier about it....

We won't get to do much fun Florida stuff this trip. Tomorrow is mostly medical visits, which are the center of my existence of late.

We will, however, get to go to Sonny's Barbeque for dinner with a friend of ours. It's a big favorite of ours, and we're going to take advantage of my recent appetite increase and ability to eat, and go enjoy it....

Saturday night we may take her to play team trivia with us, here at the complex. We always enjoy going, and have a good time, and we think she may enjoy it, too....

She leaves on Sunday afternoon, and I'll hate to see her go home. I'm just glad I've been on the high side of the pendulum swing lately, and not having the really bad days that sometimes happen....

Saturday afternoon my oldest granddaughter, Sarah's oldest, has been asked to play ukulele at a wedding! I started teaching her to play when she was about 13, I guess, and introduced her to YouTube tutorials.

She really got hooked on it, and has played ever since. She's 16, now, and playing quite well.

At the wedding she's playing a song of her own choosing to be used as an instrumental processional. The wedding will be very small and intimate, with probably fewer than 20 guests.

My SIL will video the performance, and send it to us to watch on Saturday night. I can't wait to see/hear it....

The steroids have me up again tonight. They are a different steroid than last week, and have not kicked my butt nearly as hard.

The nurses have also sorted out some other medications for me, which has really, really helped. All the drugs I have been given were taking a toll on my stomach, and likely causing the start of an ulcer. Now I take meds for that, which have significantly reduced my pain level....

I wish I could just go to sleep....

I wish you could get some good sleep too. There's nothing like a good night's sleep to energize one's batteries. I have been listening to old time radio programs on CD. My current favorite is The Sherlock Holmes radio programs. I find Basil Rathbone's and Nigel Bruce's voices put me to sleep almost every time. Sending best thoughts your way Don. Hope visiting with your daughter gives both you and your wife a big boost. Keep up the good fight!

Well, I think I'll plug this Kindle in to charge up, and try to catch at least a nap. I have about 2 1/2 hours left before I need to be up...

Am thinking of getting one of those this year. Have never had one. Will have to call you to get details of where you went, etc.

Walmart had the senior shot when the others didn't.

We are supposed to scan the tvs this morning.

We are supposed to scan the tvs this morning.

Only 32 channels came through. I went on the web and found that a few are running behind. I guess I'll have to repeat the process tomorrow or the next time I need these channels. All the most important ones worked.

I am headed to Taimane’s performance in Palo Alto, CA

Nice. Is it at the JCCC or something like that? It's a nice small venue that has incredible sound.

A few years back she used to play every Friday at the Marriot Waikiki or Hilton (I get them mixed up).

Taimane is amazing!

Top Bottom