::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Holly got a box of Pepto-Bismol tablets yesterday. Fortunately, it doesn't look like she ate more than 1 or 2 of them; she mostly made a pink chalky mess on the carpet. Apparently it is a risky drug because it contains a form of aspirin which can cause internal bleeding in high doses. The vet said she was fine and gave us a medicine that helps coat her stomach, to prevent irritation. That was scary. She's never stolen stuff before. Everything has been moved to high shelves now.

I'm just missing 2 boxes of gluten free girl scout cookies.

Well... not exactly missing. The boxes are still here. So is the plastic wrapper.

I spent some time working with my retired friend in his woodworking shop today. We've been trying to figure out how to make what at first appears to be a relatively simple geometric shape, using his table saw.

It didn't take us long to figure out that it wasn't as simple as it appears. We struggled for some time (and cut up a bunch of scrap wood) before we realized we were making it even more complicated than it is. We were adding a couple of cuts that we were both convinced we needed, but that actually ruin the geometry of the piece.

We got past that hurdle today, and produced a piece that has the correct angles and geometry, but was off a bit proportionally. I think we know why that happened, too.

He ran out of time today, but I'm going back Thursday afternoon. Now that we have figured out the process, we just need to cut a couple more practice pieces to dial in the correct dimensions, then we can switch to the expensive woods and crank out some real ones!

I feel real good about the progress we made today!!

I'm having a hell of a time mitering an inside corner for crown molding. Like, we're at the point of cussing and throwing things. It's the kind that has an edge on the wall, and an edge on the ceiling. I probably should have bought the flat stuff.

The items you find everywhere on the internet that entice you into clicking on them to see them, only to require you to continue to click and click....I think they're called click bait? What the heck is in it for them to make you do all that clicking?

Surely they get something out of it. I just don't get what that would be....

Each page has ads on it. They get paid by how many times the ads are viewed. So if they place the ad on 2 pages for 1 article, they get two "impressions" instead of one. There's usually a "pay per impression", "pay per click", and maybe a bit more if the person who clicks makes a purchase.

Went to a funeral mass today. The priest cried. He's quite old, and she was quite old, and I believe he actually knew her well. It was very sweet. His assistant dude - mover of books, bringer of little flasks, etc - just stepped behind him and put his hand on the priest's shoulder to shore him up for a while. It touched me.

The chorus (which is how I knew her, we were in the same section when I sang barbershop) sang a lovely song after the service. All in all, a nice tribute to Maggie.

As happy as I was with my outfit for the funeral this morning, it was so nice to come home and put on overalls and some Toms shoes. I think I'm an overalls convert now. I blame hoosierhiver.

Well, the dog park and my doctors appointment await. I figure Hugo hasn't done any public access lately since it's been so rainy, so I better let him run a little before demanding proper office behavior.

Went to a funeral mass today. The priest cried. He's quite old, and she was quite old, and I believe he actually knew her well. It was very sweet. His assistant dude - mover of books, bringer of little flasks, etc - just stepped behind him and put his hand on the priest's shoulder to shore him up for a while. It touched me.

The chorus (which is how I knew her, we were in the same section when I sang barbershop) sang a lovely song after the service. All in all, a nice tribute to Maggie.

Do the job long enough and you stop burying parishioners and start burying friends. That's harder.

I'm having a hell of a time mitering an inside corner for crown molding. Like, we're at the point of cussing and throwing things. It's the kind that has an edge on the wall, and an edge on the ceiling. I probably should have bought the flat stuff.

Compound angle.

I could not stop looking out the window at Moloka'i as I flew over this morning.
I think Nanilei and I are heading there in a few months.
That will be a nice quiet break.
Lots of EMPTY beaches there!

We were looking online and we can get a nice oceanfront condo for less than $100 a night.
Sounds glorious to me!

New favorite fp ink:
Monteverde Turquoise
Not as serious as the Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue that I've been using. I guess with retirement I need to lighten up.

New favorite fp ink:
Monteverde Turquoise
Not as serious as the Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue that I've been using. I guess with retirement I need to lighten up.

I have yet to try any bulk ink. I still have only cartridge ink, even though two of my pens have converters they can use....

I got sick again.

I came home sick from UWC, felt better for two days and then got incredibly tired for two days. The weekend was okay and then Tuesday I started feeling like crap again. I have a low fever, a sore throat more glands/jaw than throat, raging cough, constant headache and very little appetite. I think I dropped four pounds in the last three days. I weighed 232lbs. this morning and my belt that didn't fit a few months ago in now on the third hole.

Not the good kind of weight loss though. I look sick. The skin around my neck looks wrinkly and saggy to me, my arms and chest are pretty wimpy now as well.

The only thing I can really do to help myself is to lose weight so I'm going to keep at it even though I'm not looking that healthy in doing so.

Top Bottom