::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

So bored....summer is supposed to be busy. But not so much.

I'm off to drop off at basketball camp.

My friend runs it so I stick around, help out a bit, get in the way a bit, watch the kids looking for standouts and then head out for lunch usually.

Was planning to mow this morning. Lawn program folks had made a visit. Their instructions:
Fertilizer: Don't mow until you've watered
Spot Broadleaf Control: Don't water for 24 hours.

There's actually a hint of rain in the forecast for tomorrow. So I water tomorrow morning in case it doesn't rain tomorrow afternoon. Then I mow tomorrow afternoon unless it rains. Or I wait until Wednesday morning. But we leave for Ohio by noon on Wednesday.

Pharque!

I stated that Shirley had a insurance claim that was not paid a few days ago (routine blood draw). Shirley talked to the insurance company this morning. It appears that the hospital filed the claim under an old insurance number.

Now as long as the hospital doesn't get all excited things should work out. I guess we should contact them also. Like... "Hey you guys goofed up!"

As long as it's within the allowable time period, resubmitting is no big deal.

Trying to get tidied up after the weekend of sloth.

Did I say weekend? I think I meant lifetime.

Meds are starting to level out, hallelujah. I can stop eating 16 meals a day.

Great Donkey Father, it appears we are going to the Great Lenexa BBQ Battle. It's a massive pigfest, and I don't think I've ever meant that so literally. At first I thought, how big could this be? And then I saw the site map:

BBQMap2018.pdf
https://www.lenexa.com/UserFiles/Se...ments/ParksRec/FestivalsEvents/BBQMap2018.pdf

Great Donkey Father, it appears we are going to the Great Lenexa BBQ Battle. It's a massive pigfest, and I don't think I've ever meant that so literally. At first I thought, how big could this be? And then I saw the site map:

BBQMap2018.pdf
https://www.lenexa.com/UserFiles/Se...ments/ParksRec/FestivalsEvents/BBQMap2018.pdf

There are some people huge enough here that I seriously think they could eat all of it. But yeah, that's big.

Lenexa is putting the finishing touches on this place, a new civic center complex. Very dee luxe. Farmers market days, aquatic center, and more. BBQ competitions are all the rage around here. This one looks pretty big. Biggest of all is at the American Royal at the old Kemper Arena. I like BBQ, but I can make do with a burnt end sandwich from a decent place. No way I'm going to tackle something like this.

Leavenworth recently had one where the competitors all set up, did their smoking, tantalized everyone in the neighborhood, but couldn't feed anybody but the judges because of the health code.

I call BS on that.

Got up kind of early and did some beekeeping, then wanted to start on a fallen hickory before it got hot, but was worried about waking the neighbor, so I waited until after nine and then it was already too hot. I think I'm going to the lake today.

And this post makes getting that shirt worth it :)

Top Bottom