::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I've got a really rough bunch of kids.

Want to teach rather than baby sit juvenile delinquents.

Sounds like the makings of a Hollywood musical. Although I don't think anyone would watch a musical with delinquents singing and dancing.

Remember in the 1970s when CFCs were banned from aerosol cans because they were depleting the ozone layer, and that could sort of, kind of, end not too well for us?

Where are those decision making people today?

Spelling isn't taught to younger kids any more, either. Kids are encouraged to sound out and spell words in whatever way works for them. It kills me.

The conventions of English orthography are a relatively recent development. Reading the original Books of Common Prayer can be a challenge, but charming. Different spellings of the same word might occur in the same prayer.

It's a grey area.

translation-i-see-what-you-did-there_o_1852513.jpg

The conventions of English orthography are a relatively recent development. Reading the original Books of Common Prayer can be a challenge, but charming. Different spellings of the same word might occur in the same prayer.

True. Even with names - my sister has done quite a bit of ancestry research and many times has run across multiple spellings of the same person's name.

Oh good heavens! There is something massively wrong with the foreshortening of that man's middle finger on the hand he is pointing with!

It almost looks like he has a nose for a middle finger. Or two thumbs!

Someone didn't study their Bob Ross very well.

It's been a while since I killed the thread! Woohoo!! :nana:

Remember in the 1970s when CFCs were banned from aerosol cans because they were depleting the ozone layer, and that could sort of, kind of, end not too well for us?

Where are those decision making people today?

45 says none of that is true. "Trust me" he says.

Pretty cool.
As I was riding TheBus home I was reading Facebook.
Freeda made a post about Pearl Harbor.
I was driving past, and snapped a photo of the month ball fleet at sunset.
Neat!

True. Even with names - my sister has done quite a bit of ancestry research and many times has run across multiple spellings of the same person's name.

Same problem here. I believe the census takers just transcribed whatever they were hearing, and that interpretation could vary wildly. Who knows how literate the generations were, or how English-speaking, as far as hubby's Polish ancestors are concerned.

Oh good heavens! There is something massively wrong with the foreshortening of that man's middle finger on the hand he is pointing with!

It almost looks like he has a nose for a middle finger. Or two thumbs!

Someone didn't study their Bob Ross very well.

It's the teeth that bother me more than the odd knuckle.

Pretty cool.
As I was riding TheBus home I was reading Facebook.
Freeda made a post about Pearl Harbor.
I was driving past, and snapped a photo of the month ball fleet at sunset.
Neat!

And I loved it.

I actually got schooled in class by one of my high school sped kids. He was very vehement about the purple heart battalion so we looked it up, and had a conversation about the difference between a nation vs a nation, and a people vs a people. That's why I was thinking about it.

Top Bottom