::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We held our ground until less then 20 mins left to go. Then we took off and hit merch and left before crowds did too!! Free concert free parking front row can't be bad!!!

View attachment 110557

attachment.php
Illuminati in concert?

I picked up a $50 gift card to Taco Bob's today for my dad. Most of his bike rides end there. I said "well, that takes care of dad! You guys probably see him more than I do!" And they said "what does he order?" I said "no idea, he's a crazy old guy in a bike helmet". Their faces brightened and they said "is he a vegan?" When I said yes, they all just broke into huge smiles and said "Oh, we LOVE HIM!!"

And I think that's adorable.

Went to the doc today for a sprained ankle (also damaged achilles, yay), and walked out with orders for bloodwork and chest x-ray. Apparently my left lung doesn't sound good.

I feel fine. But we'll see what imaging has to say about it. He said he would prob call me tonight. He's concerned about a blood clot.

I'll add that this came about when I bitched about chest pains I've had for ages, and had a holter monitor for in March. If there's a clot, it's been there a while, and after the holter said it wasn't cardiac, nothing else was explored. So if it could have been fixed months ago I'm gonna be a little pissed.

Sukie, we've been following all the kid drama and just wanted to offer you ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))). From me and your #1 fan.

Hi Sukie!
Yes, St. Paul girl x 47 years.
Thx for your warm welcome.
Headed up to Two Harbors for the Ukulele Carnival in August, per chance?
Not quite the Ukulele Congress, but a beautiful setting.
Laurie Kallevig of Survivor Girl Ukulele Band plans to stay with me and my friends.
http://www.twoharborsukulelegroup.com/ukulele-carnival/

Did this person come back? Because she is really close to my cabin and should come to the PARTAY in August!

That chapter was so long that:

My bidet incident was almost two years ago

I got an actual probe from the doc instead of the bidet probe.

We ran out of TP and spouse had his first bidet experience. LOL I also don't remember if I shared about going to the proctologist. That was no fun and I have new empathy.

I got so lucky in this department. Hugo tried to hump my arm once and that was it.

I keep reading how the new guidance says to not neuter a dog til he's 2 or 3 years old, but I'll forever be a six month snipper.

Yeah - I've read some of that too, but his behavior is going to be the death of him if we don't do it now. There's behavior that can be addressed with training, and then there's the drive that his little dog nuts are putting into him; we can deal with the behavior that can be managed with training, but the sex drive is maddening.

I didn't realize you were there with the inlays again. Didn't that become a nightmare last time?

Yes.

Worse this time. Now they say we booked them too long and they want to go early. I told Mika, "Grab the keys I'll drive them to the airport now!"

What really bothers me is that MIL gets mad when I don't let her pay for something.

I'm thinking I pay for all your sh*t at home, I pay for your vacation, what the hell is paying $20.00 at Starbucks going to do?!?!

Mika went on a food run so I could take James to the pool.

He has decided that Fortnite would be a better use of his time while waiting for lunch.

So time for ho'ing.

This heart thing and diet thing are really hampering my vacation.

There is pretty much nothing I can eat in Hawaii that is convenient or easy. I've been trying to eat more fruit but I have the diabetes to think about. Try to fill up on salads and then I'm back to salt unless it's balsamic vinegar . . . which gets old fast by the way.

ALL the foods have salt in it. There's fish, but Zippy's, Rainbow Drive In and most plate lunch places deep fry the fish which means SALT AGAIN.

Right now for lunch I'm eating sashimi with very little low sodium soy sauce, and I'll probably have a nectarine.

Tonight we're eating at the inlaws hotel because they have a kitchen and they're going to cook shabu shabu for me. I bought all the ingredients before we changed time share properties. We no longer have a kitchen but we do have a beautiful view of the ocean right above the harbor a couple of hotels down from the Hawaiian Hilton Village.

Did I mention we have a new timeshare property?

It's the old The Modern hotel if you're familiar with Waikiki. We were checking out the rooms since it was added to our properties list and we were going over the selling lecture part when the guy noticed the dates of our original contracts. Anyhow, to make this short, because of a contract snafu on their part, the 2007 prices were what we wold pay if we bought more points. Before that I was just about ready to snooze but that info perked me right up. I had just looked up what we would get for selling out time share and it was pretty substantial compared to what we paid. Now I was being given the opportunity to purchase more points at that same 2007 price. Prices have gone up about 4X in that time frame.

So I took a portion of the money I was going to use on the down payment for a Hawaii house and bought more points. I'm calculating that we'll need to use the timeshare for about four years and then it will have paid for itself if we keep coming to Hawaii. I don't think James will be able to afford the maintenance fee when he is young so I'm thinking about cashing in when he's old enough and just giving him that money for school or if we can swing school maybe a down on his own house. If it tanks, he has a place to stay in Hawaii.

Top Bottom