::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

And now we are at BIL's place on the North Shore. Going to go for a swim.
OumbGzQ.jpg

My son in law and I put up a tv antenna at Lynn's place this afternoon. Plus a couple other small jobs.

I sat on the lanai and played ukulele, basically ran through my boat set for tomorrow, my nephew and some of his friends were there, it was a really nice afternoon.
Then this happened.

Udme4pM.jpg

Even when I can see it, I have absolutely no idea what that is.....

Deliciousness Don, deliciousness. (It looks good anyhow)

It’s a tuna steak breaded with panko (Japanese breadcrumb), deep fried. This one is slathered with a few different sauces, I’ve never had tuna this way, but maybe in July?

good day Jerry!

Got us some king arthur measure for measure flour yesterday. Wife is gonna try to make a gf pumpkin bread. Supposedly it has the xanthum gum added to this flour so its like a regular flour mix to use....we will see

I guess freeda would know more about this....

Even when I can see it, I have absolutely no idea what that is.....

This little place is called Ken's Fresh Fish. They are only open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and even then only if they catch fish, until they run out. Since it is roughly a 90-minute drive from home, I now call first to make sure they are open (I have driven there twice and they were closed - talk about disappointed!)
Anyway they prepare the fish two different ways - either sautéed with lemon and capers, or Katsu style, which is deep-fried in Japanese panko bread crumbs and drizzled with three sauces, Katsu sauce (Japanese BBQ type sauce), a light teriyaki sauce, and something else, maybe mayo? I don't really know but it is amazing.
Cooked slightly rare, not greasy at all, just super fresh and tasty.
My favourite is the Opah (moonfish) but they only had Ahi (tuna) and Mahimahi (Dorado) yesterday so we went with ahi. SO GOOD.
And that plate was $12, and you can see it was more than enough to share. It is truly gourmet food in a clamshell box.

Man you BIL has the best house... I would be surfing everyday if I lived there

The waves were pumping yesterday. We saw a guy on a boogie board drop in to about an eight foot wave and he STOOD UP and got he ride of his life on just a bomber, it was fun to see!

There is nothing better than fresh fish like that Damon. If we ever move to Washington that’s one thing I will go crazy eating, the fresh seafood you can get there. Live crab, just caught salmon, oysters etc....I even eat clam chowder when I’m there. So good!

Top Bottom