::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I love Lydgate!

Mostly for the memories of when James was really little.

I thought Lydgate was going to be a bust at first! We got in the water and saw NOTHING in the water. We worked our way deeper and Sheryl started getting nervous - waves were coming over the wall and making a bit of swell inside the pool. I took her back to the beach and went out and searched for fish myself and found them hanging out by the keiki pool - lots of them. Went and got Sheryl and we spent probably an hour just marveling at them. Not a great variety - not to be expected there - but it was really fun. And the bonus was they were about waist deep, so it was easily in her comfort zone.

I love Lydgate!

Mostly for the memories of when James was really little.

Oh - we got home last night about 10:30 - picked Annie up from camp today and then picked Kodi up from camp. Life is starting to settle back to normal - just need to get Emma on Friday and we'll be back to life as usual.

We have 10. 9 are rescues. 4-5 is my limit. They range in age from 17 down to about 3. Right now we have a lifetime supply. Given normal life expectancy of cats we could still have 3 or 4 well into our 80s. 4 cat boxes are not enough. Add to that marking and dominance behaviors and I'm waaaay over my tolerance redline. We have carpets we can't put down because they will immediately become alternate toilets. The house is only a year old and the catstink has already ruined it for me. Mrs Pere is OK with it.

Thanks for asking.

The Madre has problems with a little transmission fluid on the driveway but is okay with a house full of cat stink? My condolences.

This may have been going on for a while but I see our leader is now our king.

Long live the Carrot King!​

Sheesh. Took you long enough. Congratulations on being the most observant of the least observant people in the world.

The Madre has problems with a little transmission fluid on the driveway but is okay with a house full of cat stink? My condolences.

She works hard at keeping it down. She probably cleans the bedroom carpet a couple of times a week. The cats are quite dilligent in their elimination however.

Last edited:
At the Toyota dealer in Long Beach getting oil changed on SIL's Prius.
Was selfishly hoping they would have a new Supra here to ogle.

Nope.

Then going to Quiksilver to try on some shorts now that my less-fat ass might fit into some boardshorts.

I hope so, don't want to be disappointed.

Yay!
I tried on Boardshorts!
No muffin top!
I can tug on them and they don't immediately fall to my knees!
I'm still fat though.

Got two pieces of great news today.
1. Get to go to a drifting event with our nephew. We get to ride in his drift car with him too!

2. We rented a car from Saturday to Wednesday so that we could go see my mom and not worry about asking someone to take us to LAX during rush hour traffic.
Long Beach SIL said, "Don't be silly, I took the day off to take you." Bless her. The drop fee for returning to LAX added roughly $200 to the rental.

We can't wait to go home.
Been kinda overwhelming here.

I thought Lydgate was going to be a bust at first! We got in the water and saw NOTHING in the water. We worked our way deeper and Sheryl started getting nervous - waves were coming over the wall and making a bit of swell inside the pool. I took her back to the beach and went out and searched for fish myself and found them hanging out by the keiki pool - lots of them. Went and got Sheryl and we spent probably an hour just marveling at them. Not a great variety - not to be expected there - but it was really fun. And the bonus was they were about waist deep, so it was easily in her comfort zone.

The last time we were there a school (well maybe twenty) of pretty large fish were caught in the pool. I think they might have been opio. It was pretty exciting when they would dart in and out of your legs as they swam all over.

At the Toyota dealer in Long Beach getting oil changed on SIL's Prius.
Was selfishly hoping they would have a new Supra here to ogle.

Nope.

Then going to Quiksilver to try on some shorts now that my less-fat ass might fit into some boardshorts.

I hope so, don't want to be disappointed.

Popped into Walmart to get some Aloha Macs. Saw a 6X aloha shirt. Looked like a bedsheets.

Got two pieces of great news today.
1. Get to go to a drifting event with our nephew. We get to ride in his drift car with him too!

2. We rented a car from Saturday to Wednesday so that we could go see my mom and not worry about asking someone to take us to LAX during rush hour traffic.
Long Beach SIL said, "Don't be silly, I took the day off to take you." Bless her. The drop fee for returning to LAX added roughly $200 to the rental.

We can't wait to go home.
Been kinda overwhelming here.

Rent through Costco and they don't charge that drop fee.

Hey hos,

We're staying at our timeshares newest property called the modern. Very nice compared to the other crappy old property they have in Waikiki. It over looks the harbor and it's really close to the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

So far all we've done really is a lot of shopping and checking off restaurants Mika wanted to try. James and I got to do a little pool time today.

I don't think that I posted at all yesterday. Which is different for me.
I had a project going. I discovered the one of the windows had water damage on it's trim/brick moulding. I had to tear it down and retrim it. That took about six hours and alot of being on my feet walking around and around the house. Today it needs to be painted.

Yesterday and so far today are nice and cool. Yesterday had a high in the seventies and this morning it's near sixty degrees. We are about to go into a period of lower nineties and humid. It was nice not having to run the air conditioning for a few days. The temperature isn't the worst it's the humidity. Like when you feel like if you jumped up and out you could swim on the air.

Top Bottom