::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

James still isn’t cleared to play but yesterday was spent at basketball practice, then a team holiday party, then later that night a league holiday party.

Relishing the quiet of the morning.

This year (they draft for teams every season) James is playing with five of the original boys he started with in 2nd grade. It’s a lot of fun for all of us. They’re a pretty tight knit group.

This year (they draft for teams every season) James is playing with five of the original boys he started with in 2nd grade. It’s a lot of fun for all of us. They’re a pretty tight knit group.

As parents, were always dropping them off to each other’s houses, or taking them out to do things. We used to send the kids with money for meals, movies etc. but now we figure it all evens out so we don’t bother. Actually, the parents hang out too. One of the families has been traveling to Hawaii with us the last few years and I think another will be joining us in Disneyland when Mika has her conference.

Err, not heard of that. I couldn't eat oysters ...

Oh...Rocky Mountain oysters aren't oysters. They're something far worse...and oysters are about as bad as it gets (they look like big piles of boogers and taste like death on the half shell).

Me too. When I was a kid I knew a bitey one. Now I own two. Best dogs ever.

But Jon might disagree.

Poor Kodi was so confused yesterday. We had a painter in our house and he is afraid of dogs, so wherever the painter was, Kodi had to be removed from. Kodi is the sweetest, kindest dog I've ever met - even more than Hudson, who used to be oohed and aahed over for his sweetness by the vet and her staff. Kodi is positive that everybody is his best friend, so when he wasn't allowed to visit with the painter he was very sad.

As parents, were always dropping them off to each other’s houses, or taking them out to do things. We used to send the kids with money for meals, movies etc. but now we figure it all evens out so we don’t bother. Actually, the parents hang out too. One of the families has been traveling to Hawaii with us the last few years and I think another will be joining us in Disneyland when Mika has her conference.

We spent the whole weekend shuttling kids places. Friday night Annie had a sleepover with Girl Scouts at the zoo (very cool behind-the-scenes program). Yesterday morning Sheryl picked her up at the zoo and took her to her colorguard practice. The moment Sheryl got home I took off with Emma to deliver her to a pop can drive for band. Picked up Emma and took a friend of hers home then Emma and I were off to church to help in the kitchen for a 5th and 6th grade "dinner theater" program. Then on the way home we picked up Annie's stuff from the zoo sleepover at her scout leader's house. More to come today...I kind of love that my kids are active - and all by their own choice. I was in Boy Scouts and hated every moment of it.

Oh...Rocky Mountain oysters aren't oysters. They're something far worse...and oysters are about as bad as it gets (they look like big piles of boogers and taste like death on the half shell).

I have not yet sampled the Rocky Mountain variety...
I must say though that recently at BILs place he shucked fresh oysters and placed them directly on the grill, cooking them in the half shell.
I tried it. It was tasty.
The oysters were huge.
You know that's why they call it Pearl Harbor, right?

There's no Uber or Lyft where I live. We're out in the boonies....

Floyd has ONE Lyft driver. It kind of cracks me up. They park in their driveway about 5 miles out of town. I have no idea how much business they get.

I've never used either Uber or Lyft. Something about the services bothers me. I guess I've heard too many of the news stories about Uber rides gone bad. I don't trust them, and don't foresee myself ever ever using them....

I've never used either Uber or Lyft. Something about the services bothers me. I guess I've heard too many of the news stories about Uber rides gone bad. I don't trust them, and don't foresee myself ever ever using them....

When I travel they are a life saver! So easy and user friendly.

Floyd has ONE Lyft driver. It kind of cracks me up. They park in their driveway about 5 miles out of town. I have no idea how much business they get.

We have used Uber here, works great in town or by home.
We were staying on the North Shore and decided to Uber to a concert at Turtle Bay, piece of cake. But trying to go back home? NOTHING. No bus, no taxi, no Uber, NOTHING. We ended up calling a friend to give us a ride.

Why was it so easy to get there?
We found out that the Uber that took us to Turtle Bay had just dropped off a person who came from the airport, and happened to be in the area. We just got lucky.

Top Bottom