::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I once lent my very first ukulele to a friend, when I asked for it back he said he had given it to his boss!

... I can't even wrap my head around the kind of logic (or lack of) that was going through that person's head.

This morning I saw a man definitely having a conversation with an imaginary person. He was quite vocal, and gesticulating wildly. I chuckled to myself because it looked pretty amusing.

And then I started thinking about how that was somebody's son, maybe somebody's father, brother, husband etc.

And then I started thinking about mental illness and how little we do for the mentally ill.

And then I started thinking "what if James ends up on the streets?"

And then I've been bummed all morning.

Yeah, it was always a bummer seeing a young person coming into the psych unit with what you knew was schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It's incurable, difficult to treat, difficult for people to accept, the drugs are harsh on your body, it's not good even in the best circumstances. If you through your 20's without a psychotic break, you are pretty much in the clear and can be sure you don't have one of those two major mental illnesses.

So I was downtown the other day and this guy walked into a bar...

... he should have ducked.

What you wanted something better? Ok...

The note E-flat walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve minors here."

Hey... Where's everybody going?

A sandwich walks in to a bar. The bartenders says, "Sorry, we don't serve food here."

Hey... Where's everybody going?

A sandwich walks in to a bar. The bartenders says, "Sorry, we don't serve food here."

Thanks for sharing the jokes, [NAME REDACTED].

They reminded me of some good ones.

I just granted data access to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's son (Kareem Jr.).

#NotQuiteGaryLevelNameDrop

Hey Gary,
Any chance he was on the phone?
They have really small earbuds these days.
Also hearing aids with Bluetooth.
I see people who LOOK like they are talking to an imaginary friend - or themselvesbut- but are actually on the phone...

Hey Gary,
Any chance he was on the phone?
They have really small earbuds these days.
Also hearing aids with Bluetooth.
I see people who LOOK like they are talking to an imaginary friend - or themselvesbut- but are actually on the phone...

If he was yelling about bats, and waiving his arms trying to swat at them, then...

I used to pass one guy who sat under a bridge and would talk loudly about the Katzenjammer Kids.
And then I used to work with folks, who as college kids in the city, when they needed moeny used to collect pigeons from the city bridges and sell them to Chinese restaurants.

Makes you wonder who was more mentally off.

This morning I saw a man definitely having a conversation with an imaginary person. He was quite vocal, and gesticulating wildly. I chuckled to myself because it looked pretty amusing.

And then I started thinking about how that was somebody's son, maybe somebody's father, brother, husband etc.

And then I started thinking about mental illness and how little we do for the mentally ill.

And then I started thinking "what if James ends up on the streets?"

And then I've been bummed all morning.

I think James will handle life OK.

I remember the first time I realized someone was talking on the phone with a headset. I was in a restroom at the old Hyatt at the Broadway exit. This guy was standing at the urinal talking loudly to himself. I thought he was schizophrenic.

I can use my cell phone, via Bluetooth, through my hearing aids. My hearing aids are quite discreet, and most people never notice them.

I've gotten some....interesting....looks.

I can use my cell phone, via Bluetooth, through my hearing aids. My hearing aids are quite discreet, and most people never notice them.

I've gotten some....interesting....looks.

THIS!

I started with aids just before Christmas. I also love to stream music through them. Greatly improves my patience when shopping with Mrs Pere.

Top Bottom