::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I have not seen an ISS flyover in a while.
I DID see a meteor last night though, in spite of the Beaver Moon, so that was a treat.

Wait, our siting last night was not the ISS. It was the string of satellites they dumped earlier.

Just made my first cup of coffee using an aeropress.
The company here is trying to reduce waste - no more keurig K-Cups. They have this refillable K-Cup thing I have been using, thinking that was easier and less messy than the aeropress.

Wrong.

The cleanup after the aeropress is WAY easier, and the cup of coffee is vastly superior!

If you’re really cheap you can reuse the filters.

Wait, our siting last night was not the ISS. It was the string of satellites they dumped earlier.

That's cool! I love watching SpaceX launches - every time they successfully land one of the first stage rockets back on land or (even better) on one of the drone ships I get a thrill. When they launched the Falcon Heavy for the first time and the two booster cores landed together? Amazing.

Just made my first cup of coffee using an aeropress.
The company here is trying to reduce waste - no more keurig K-Cups. They have this refillable K-Cup thing I have been using, thinking that was easier and less messy than the aeropress.

Wrong.

The cleanup after the aeropress is WAY easier, and the cup of coffee is vastly superior!

That's all I've been using since that time Nick suggested it. I think it was Nick who posted about it.

Ooooh! I get plenty chances to see ISS!
Code:
Date	Visible	Max Height	Appears	Disappears
Wed Nov 13, 5:39 AM	3 min	20°	10° above N	18° above ENE
Thu Nov 14, 4:53 AM	1 min	10°	10° above NE	10° above NE
Fri Nov 15, 5:40 AM	4 min	86°	24° above NW	16° above SE
Fri Nov 15, 7:01 PM	1 min	14°	10° above S	14° above SSE
Sat Nov 16, 4:54 AM	< 1 min	31°	31° above E	23° above E
Sat Nov 16, 7:49 PM	< 1 min	18°	15° above WSW	18° above WSW
Sun Nov 17, 5:42 AM	2 min	19°	19° above WSW	11° above S
Sun Nov 17, 7:00 PM	4 min	84°	11° above SW	47° above NE
Mon Nov 18, 4:56 AM	< 1 min	14°	14° above SSE	12° above SSE
Mon Nov 18, 6:12 PM	6 min	34°	10° above SSW	10° above ENE
Mon Nov 18, 7:50 PM	< 1 min	11°	10° above WNW	11° above NW
Tue Nov 19, 7:02 PM	3 min	21°	18° above WNW	14° above N
Wed Nov 20, 6:14 PM	4 min	44°	36° above W	12° above NNE

“Time: Wed Nov 13 5:33 AM, Visible: 3 min, Max Height: 83°, Appears: 44° above NW, Disappears: 17° above SE”

I don’t think I’ll be seeing this one.

That's all I've been using since that time Nick suggested it. I think it was Nick who posted about it.

I’ve had one for years. It’s strictly for travel. It took me a long time to realize that I should use it for americanos. Finally happy with it.

That's cool! I love watching SpaceX launches - every time they successfully land one of the first stage rockets back on land or (even better) on one of the drone ships I get a thrill. When they launched the Falcon Heavy for the first time and the two booster cores landed together? Amazing.

Oh my gawd, you and my hubby! He goes crazy about those landings. Sets his alarm so he can watch them live online.

It is very impressive.

Just looked at an aero press. It’s basically a French press?

Our coffee maker died. Hubby wants a k-cup machine. I’m not thrilled by the waste they produce. We already have a French press.

Our coffee maker died. Hubby wants a k-cup machine. I’m not thrilled by the waste they produce. We already have a French press.

Not at all similar to a french press. Think of a great big syringe. The coffee comes out filtered and strong. They are a one cup at a time device. A french press leaves the coffee on the grounds and the ground coffee has to be pretty coarse. Besides, it's made by the people who make the Aerobie (a kind of long range frisbee); Mike ought to like that.

K-cups are filled with coffee that is stale by the time you brew it. And then there's the waste.

Not quite a French press. The grounds don't stay in the gadget.

Not at all similar to a french press. Think of a great big syringe. The coffee comes out filtered and strong. They are a one cup at a time device. A french press leaves the coffee on the grounds and the ground coffee has to be pretty coarse. Besides, it's made by the people who make the Aerobie (a kind of long range frisbee); Mike ought to like that.

K-cups are filled with coffee that is stale by the time you brew it. And then there's the waste.

The Padre gave a good description. And amen on the K-cups. I've never had good coffee out of one of those things and the waste is unconscionable.

It's a pretty day with bright sunshine. The last 48 hours we set record low temps for a night time low and a low, high temp. Even today is supposed to be twenty some degrees below the average high temperature for this date. But the sunshine will be welcome and hopefully the wind will be mild. It's going to be a really nice January day.

We can see them very well from our apartment....

Last edited:
Hi, Hos. Transitioned from the hospital (after 18 days in-patient), to the local hotel on Monday. Quite an involved process, and TONS of work for Elaine. Not technically discharged, just out-patient vs in-patient. While out-patient, I have to report back to the hospital every morning at 7:45, for blood work, vitals and doctor checks. They keep a very close eye on me.

This morning, only day two of this phase, the doctor found things he doesn't like the looks of. He has ordered tons of extra tests; urinalysis, blood cultures, CT scan of the abdomen, ultrasound of my legs, etc, etc.

There's a chance he may readmit me as in-patient, again. One step forward, two steps back....

Hi, Hos. Transitioned from the hospital (after 18 days in-patient), to the local hotel on Monday. Quite an involved process, and TONS of work for Elaine. Not technically discharged, just out-patient vs in-patient. While out-patient, I have to report back to the hospital every morning at 7:45, for blood work, vitals and doctor checks. They keep a very close eye on me.

This morning, only day two of this phase, the doctor found things he doesn't like the looks of. He has ordered tons of extra tests; urinalysis, blood cultures, CT scan of the abdomen, ultrasound of my legs, etc, etc.

There's a chance he may readmit me as in-patient, again. One step forward, two steps back....

Oh man, Don. What a roller coaster. Mucho MoJo for the GMOPoHo.

Top Bottom