::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

watching thanksgiving cooking shows with my culinary class. Very hungry now.

been eating between 1200-1800 calories per day. Pretty much starving between meals and it takes everything I got to not stuff myself when I do eat.

When we go out I've been getting a "to go" box when they drop the plate and remove half the meal right there. Then I try to fill up on water to keep me from wanting to pig out. It takes me about three months to get used to this size portion. The key this time will be to not fall back into my usual habits.

Pushing for sub 215 lbs. Currently back up to 235lbs.

Eating at home and at school I've been loading up on veggies and staying away from carbs.

Mrs Pere seems to be deeply engaged in political news (addicted?). I can't tolerate much of it. We live much of our lives in separate rooms now because of the news cycle. Or if we're in the same room, we are not attending the same things. It's not healthy, but who can say which of us is wrong?

I find that if I don't at least stay in touch with the news I feel like I'm putting my head in the sand, but I don't do deep immersion by any means. I try to follow news agencies that are as unbiased as possible, using the chart that was floating around a while back. I generally go to Reuters and the AP, which are wire services that deliver stories to the other news agencies. They seem to be best about putting out clean fact and letting their subscribing agencies spin it after the fact. I have my own political bias, but if I try to stick to objective news I feel more sane. Even reading stories from news sources that I agree with politically drives me nuts if I can see blatant bias in their reporting. Far left propaganda sites make me just as pissy as the far right ones do.

We had rain last night too.

Just enough to have drops on the cars but the ground was dry by the time I woke up.

We have blazing sun today - I'm hoping this lasts through tomorrow night's potential meteor storm.

We have blazing sun today - I'm hoping this lasts through tomorrow night's potential meteor storm.

Well...I'm hoping the clouds stay away. It would be REALLY weird if the sun stayed out through tomorrow night.

I find that if I don't at least stay in touch with the news I feel like I'm putting my head in the sand, but I don't do deep immersion by any means. I try to follow news agencies that are as unbiased as possible, using the chart that was floating around a while back. I generally go to Reuters and the AP, which are wire services that deliver stories to the other news agencies. They seem to be best about putting out clean fact and letting their subscribing agencies spin it after the fact. I have my own political bias, but if I try to stick to objective news I feel more sane. Even reading stories from news sources that I agree with politically drives me nuts if I can see blatant bias in their reporting. Far left propaganda sites make me just as pissy as the far right ones do.

Same. I like the idea of Reuters and AP. Is there something good to listen to for the news? Even a news show? I am always at my desk and I want to listen to the news, but I tend to only be able to access biased things. And I need to stop getting most my news from The Daily Show. Just because if it is not humorous I am not hearing about it.

My kids are actually quite distant from their grandpa these days because when he comes to see them or if they come to see him he leave Fox news on the background and it makes them anxious and annoyed. And one of my kids has some anxious issues anyway. On both sides of the political spectrum. So basically we never go out of town just the two of us because there is no one who can care for our kids without driving them bonkers.

It's the divide in the country. The two extremes can't fathom how the other can even think the way they do.
And both sides dislike the moderates. It's got to be all or nothing, I guess.

I love me some moderates. Love love love. The candidate I love, I was showing Levi a bit of an interview I liked, and he had had a long day and was tired... and... he fell asleep!

YES! I am totally behind the person who is so moderate and soothing he puts my husband to sleep!

OK, I was not on here to talk politics, but rather to check on Mailman. Glad you are getting days off and things are shrinking and I am always thinking about you! So though I am not on here much, know I care lots! Also, it has been cold, and though my Mim hats are great, they are thin, and I cut all my hair down to my grey. Sort of ceremoniously cutting off this years "show" to give my psyche a break until I need to get back into show mode next year. So my hair is crazy short and the wind cuts through so I have been wearing the Mailman hats!!!

I really miss you guys. I have been so busy it is quite insane. And I always think, "If I do this I will be caught up."
But it is basically a viscous cycle.
Tomorrow is the last time it will be near 50 for awhile and I ordered a storage container that came in and was beat up and smelly so I have to paint at least the inside before it get cold so I can start using it.
So yeah, my life is a barrel of fun. Haha

I am teaching a beginner uke class for kids 8-11 at church tonight, so that should be decently fun! Woot!

A mini streak for old times sake! Ok, off I go to the post office, then to pack up ukes for tonight. Tomorrow, I will be in painting hell.

I love me some moderates. Love love love. The candidate I love, I was showing Levi a bit of an interview I liked, and he had had a long day and was tired... and... he fell asleep!

YES! I am totally behind the person who is so moderate and soothing he puts my husband to sleep!

I love moderates, too, if only because that's the only potential of appealing - in some way or another - to everyone. But moderates seem to be taken as wishy washy and aren't liked much. Nobody is liked much any more, I'm afraid.

It's a rainy day here and the temp is warmer than it has been. Actually matching the average temp for this day.

The temps are warmer today here too. And so I have some heaters to warm up the metal but I hope to be able to paint my container today! Hooray!

Been MIA for awhile. Things are pretty good overall. Matt isn't done being a teenager yet, but things could be worse. Went up to my sister's for an early Thanksgiving lunch, interestingly nobody brought up politics, not a peep. Looking forward to a boring weekend.

Top Bottom