::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I take that back - I had an issue buying tampons once, but it was after the fact. BECAUSE IT MEANT SUKIE AND I WEREN'T IN THE STRAWBERRY FIELDS GROUP PICTURE.

I was wondering if you were going to rant about that. :biglaugh:

Sports is a great learning tool for work ethic, working as a group, being supportive of others, how to lose/win with grace, preparation/planning etc. but I think what's most important is for the parent to put it all in perspective. Like anything else it's a process. I always tell James "We don't lose. We win or we learn and it's not all about winning."

I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite as a kid. I HATED to lose. My dad always reminds me that I yelled at him once when he was congratulating me on second place, "SECOND PLACE IS FIRST LOSER!"

I was a little over the top competitive.

So is music. Glad I was raised doing music and my kids did music.

I take that back - I had an issue buying tampons once, but it was after the fact. BECAUSE IT MEANT SUKIE AND I WEREN'T IN THE STRAWBERRY FIELDS GROUP PICTURE.

Bha Ha Ha Ha.

If I remember right the original purpose of the trip to the store was to buy your vile fake syrup. My tampons were just an add on.

I am wearing socks this morning, but only because I got a little blister from my new slippahs yesterday.

I have been wearing Telic slippahs. I tried Oofos - Damon highly recommended them (and made me put my foot in his a couple years ago). Much squishier than the Telics but the sizing is weird for my foot - I think the toe post sits too far back for my foot, so a pair that puts my toes in the right place has my heels hanging over the back and to have my heels in the right place means the toes are WAY too long. I gave mine to Ben - he loves them.

Telics are the same idea as the Oofos - squishy foam flip flops - but they fit my feet better. Or they did. I asked for a second pair for my birthday and they were way different - and no longer made in the US. I contacted the company but they assured me that when they sent some of their production overseas (to meet demand) they sent the exact molds used at the US plant. No way - the newer ones are way smaller and just fit differently than the old ones. I'm bummed - I love my neon green ones but wanted something a little more subtle.

Olivia Hussey.

Sigh.

Bingo!

My sister named a child Juliet because of that movie. When the child was 9 she wanted to be called Olivia (not related to the movie at all). She was Olivia for 20 years before she went back to Juliet. Last summer Juliet and I were talking about it. She had no clue she had picked the actresses name when she was 9, she just liked the name. We both thought that was almost poetic.

Me too but I didn't want to sound pervy. She was only 15 when that was filmed.

My sigh especially came from watching the movie in 7th grade English class. We all had a talk from the teacher about how we were mature 7th graders and should be able to handle a serious movie without giggling and acting immature. This talk was BEFORE they started showing the movie. Apparently our parents were informed we would be watching it and allowed to opt us out if they chose.

When THE SCENE came up I think the boys were too stunned into silence by their boners to even think to giggle.

Bha Ha Ha Ha.

If I remember right the original purpose of the trip to the store was to buy your vile fake syrup. My tampons were just an add on.

A little revisionist history never hurt anyone if it makes the story better.

Sports is a great learning tool for work ethic, working as a group, being supportive of others, how to lose/win with grace, preparation/planning etc. but I think what's most important is for the parent to put it all in perspective. Like anything else it's a process. I always tell James "We don't lose. We win or we learn and it's not all about winning."

I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite as a kid. I HATED to lose. My dad always reminds me that I yelled at him once when he was congratulating me on second place, "SECOND PLACE IS FIRST LOSER!"

I was a little over the top competitive.

There was a discussion in the history forum the other day about home-schooling. One person said they could always tell which kids on his team were home-schooled. He said they had a tough time being team players. After I heard that, I thought about Matt's soccer team, one of his buddies was home-schooled until that year and he did not do well on the team. He was always seemingly trying to re-invent the game (by tripping people).

There was a discussion in the history forum the other day about home-schooling. One person said they could always tell which kids on his team were home-schooled. He said they had a tough time being team players. After I heard that, I thought about Matt's soccer team, one of his buddies was home-schooled until that year and he did not do well on the team. He was always seemingly trying to re-invent the game (by tripping people).

I feel bad for home-schooled kids that go back to public high school. In class they tend to think they're the only opinion that counts and they have a hard time accepting other ideas. And unless they're socialized in play groups, sports etc. they have a hard time socializing with kids their age.

There's more, but there's also the home schooled kids that excel in public education. Probably depends on the individual and how they were schooled but there are definitely tendencies.

I have been wearing Telic slippahs. I tried Oofos - Damon highly recommended them (and made me put my foot in his a couple years ago). Much squishier than the Telics but the sizing is weird for my foot - I think the toe post sits too far back for my foot, so a pair that puts my toes in the right place has my heels hanging over the back and to have my heels in the right place means the toes are WAY too long. I gave mine to Ben - he loves them.

Telics are the same idea as the Oofos - squishy foam flip flops - but they fit my feet better. Or they did. I asked for a second pair for my birthday and they were way different - and no longer made in the US. I contacted the company but they assured me that when they sent some of their production overseas (to meet demand) they sent the exact molds used at the US plant. No way - the newer ones are way smaller and just fit differently than the old ones. I'm bummed - I love my neon green ones but wanted something a little more subtle.

I've tried to find an alternative to Oofos. Don't really know why. I love them and they work well for me. They do break down after awhile and the support goes wonky. I call them my orthopedic flip flops.

There are currently three news trucks on campus and one knucklehead just came into my classroom, DURING class, asking if he could interview me.

I asked him if he had a visitor's pass from the front office and if he didn't I was going to call our campus SRO (we don't have a campus SRO; well we do, but they only come when we call them) and have him cited for trespassing.

So pushy! I still can't believe he barged in my class. Right now they're making an announcement stating that if the news people are on campus to notify the office.

i'm sorry that i haven't been around, but life has thrown me a curve ball.

I'm posting from my hospital bed in lakeland, florida, where i've been since thursday. It's been crazy. I'll try to make a long story short.

After multiple x-rays, cts, mris, ultrasounds and exams, the unconfirmed consensus is that i have lymphoma. More tests over the weekend, including bone scans, brain mri and chest ct, and then a ct guided biopsy on monday.

Hopefully, pathology will come back tuesday with a confirmed diagnosis. Then i'll do bone marrow samples, have a chest port put in place, and start six months of chemo and radiation treatments.

I'm doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.

Oops. Gotta go for another test. I-'ll check back later....

what the hell. Worst catchup ever.

Top Bottom