::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We just got back from an afternoon of bobbing in the ocean at Hanalei Bay. My new favorite beach. It was gorgeous, the sea was perfect, the bobbing was so relaxing, and we were buzzed by a sea turtle for the perfect icing on the cake.
Oh you’re still in Hawaii. Good I hope you are having a wonderful time with your wife. I was happy just the two of you got to go this time.

Nothing against military service. There are many fine reasons to serve, patriotism and opportunity among them.

I’m glad they took my son in. Now I’m ready for them to be done with him. I’m very glad he decided not to be a lifer. These last two years I have been a very nervous mama.

My sister was out there during the 89 one I think. It seems like it was 40 or so seconds. She said she wondered during it... It's going to stop... right?

Google says fifteen seconds.

I would have bet my life it was at least 30. It felt even longer than that.

Google says fifteen seconds.

I would have bet my life it was at least 30. It felt even longer than that.

I thought my engine was seizing, shaking the car. Then I saw the light poles shaking. I was at Shattuck & Ashby in Berkeley.

Off to snorkel for a bit at Lydgate Beach. There's an artificial lagoon there that's perfect for a beginning snorkeler. I'm very comfortable in the water but Sheryl is not. It's not the best place for a natural reef experience, of course, but the water is calm and it's enclosed, both of which are perfect for Sheryl's nerves. We'll probably only be out there for an hour or so then off to a botanical garden for the afternoon. Home tomorrow.

Off to snorkel for a bit at Lydgate Beach. There's an artificial lagoon there that's perfect for a beginning snorkeler. I'm very comfortable in the water but Sheryl is not. It's not the best place for a natural reef experience, of course, but the water is calm and it's enclosed, both of which are perfect for Sheryl's nerves. We'll probably only be out there for an hour or so then off to a botanical garden for the afternoon. Home tomorrow.

I love Lydgate!

Mostly for the memories of when James was really little.

Wow, you guys have been taking it easy today! :)

Don't worry hos, when Jon flies home I'll be flying to Oahu. Make sure there's current ho representation since Damon is in California.

Chores today. Trying to clean the trans fluid from the house-sitter's car from the driveway, change the HVAC filters, laundry, and on, and on.

Now relaxing with a Costco 20 (!) year old single malt, watching the news, and wondering what to watch tonight.

Working on Penny’s old room. Removed damaged baseboard, repainted all baseboards and filled holes and touched up all the walls and window sill. Also fixed the baseboard next to the shower that had water damage.

Just waiting on hubby to cut me two pieces of replacement baseboard that was damaged years ago by a visiting ferret in Penny’s old room. I don’t think that’s actually going to happen today so I think I’ll go ahead and steam clean the floors in there. I’m a bit anxious to move some furniture in there.

Chores today. Trying to clean the trans fluid from the house-sitter's car from the driveway, change the HVAC filters, laundry, and on, and on.

Now relaxing with a Costco 20 (!) year old single malt, watching the news, and wondering what to watch tonight.

Cat litter to start. But you probably know that.

Cat litter to start. But you probably know that.

Already too soaked in but I tried it anyway. Oxyclean didn't touch it either. Tomorrow I'll put some Dawn to soak in. It's transmission fluid so there's red dye too. I don't think it's going to come out.

Mostly it's an effort to placate Mrs Pere who notices (and comments on) everything.

Last edited:
My dentist called me and said he could take me today and fix my tooth.
$777 after insurance, there was a hairline crack he needed to fix as well.
Had a nice sandwich for lunch and then we went to the store and bought groceries for Nanilei's sister in Long Beach, whose apartment we are occupying while all the other family is at the Huntington Beach house.
They go home Wednesday, then we will spend another week there.
Nanilei made hamburger curry stew, it was delicious as always.
Tomorrow we might go back to HB and hang with BIL's family and go swim.

Also solved four client issues from 3,000 miles away.
My PTO starts Thursday and I am really looking forward to it!

Top Bottom