::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Maybe it’s the bananas? My husband giggles when he sees me eating one till this day. We’ve been together over two decades. Sigh.

I had to red letter Muffin at dinner last night. You shoulda seen her mouth expression as she was telling us about putting anything in her mouth makes her gag. I’m her husband’s mom for god’s sake.

The executive vice president over our division's last name is Junk. Am I the only person here who giggles when he sees her name on an email?

So the schedule for my managers say 645. Is anyone ever here at 645...... nope

Funny thing is over the past 4 weeks they left a door open all night. So I could have had so much free paint. Do they care.....nope. I should tell upper mgmt, they all are gonna be at another store nearby today. Hmmmmmmm

You should, definitely. Oh - you posted this nearly five hours ago. I bet your opportunity has come and gone. Did you take the opportunity?

RL Kid has us eating a lot of Mexican food. We did get to skip one night for pizza and salad instead. Actual cooking is probably a week away. But there's cereal for breakfast!

My favorite aisle in any store, ever. (From the Target store on Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, Beaverton, Oregon. I took the picture YEARS ago and the last time I was there the sign still read this way.):

4knItX1.jpg

Is it just me, or is the handicapped driver tag thing kind of out of control? Seems like 4 out of 5 times I see the people walking to and from their car with no apparent medical issue.

Is it just me, or is the handicapped driver tag thing kind of out of control? Seems like 4 out of 5 times I see the people walking to and from their car with no apparent medical issue.

My MIL had severe back and leg problems; she had a handicap tag and needed it. But when she first got out of the car you wouldn't have been able to tell right away. She would be in awful pain after going to the grocery store; the permit parking was a necessity for her. People would accost her because their eyes told them she didn't qualify for the permit. Fortunately her doctor knew better. Later in life she used a walker and the harassment pretty much stopped - but before that people's visual expertise would really get her down.

So, I've been locked out of my account for a while and finally got fed up enough to make a new one.

To prove it's me, I'm going to pee in this corner over here.

Be sure to talk to Andy or Seeso. A second account is frowned upon.

I picked up a $50 gift card to Taco Bob's today for my dad. Most of his bike rides end there. I said "well, that takes care of dad! You guys probably see him more than I do!" And they said "what does he order?" I said "no idea, he's a crazy old guy in a bike helmet". Their faces brightened and they said "is he a vegan?" When I said yes, they all just broke into huge smiles and said "Oh, we LOVE HIM!!"

And I think that's adorable.

Like button!
That has to make you feel good!

It's not just you. I've been saying that for almost 20 years. However, I have known folks that if they were standing in front of me, not moving, they look like the picture of health. When they start to move, movement is definitely effected. Yes though, I believe it is often overused and abused.

RL Kid has us eating a lot of Mexican food. We did get to skip one night for pizza and salad instead. Actual cooking is probably a week away. But there's cereal for breakfast!

I LOVE sushi. In fact when I was a sushi chef I ate sushi every day for 12 years.

Now James has discovered sushi and declared maguro nigiri to be the best food on earth. The problem is that quality sushi is expensive. Really expensive. For his birthday dinner he wanted to go to Sansei sushi which was downstairs at the Marriot where we were staying. We had just flown in and we were exhausted so it seemed like a good idea.

That kid ate 8 orders and he also wanted to try the eel roll.

His bill alone was about $90.00

Yesterday I made the mistake of telling him he could pick dinner. I actually forgot he was on this sushi kick. So yeah, he picked sushi. But instead of going out, I asked my FIL to cook some rice (their place has a kitchen) and I took James shopping. We bought the stuff to make the rice and then we went to Tamashiro's Fish Market to pick out some fish and I showed him how to make sushi. "Hey papa, you do that like a real chef!"

We had a pretty fun and tasty evening.

I qualify for a handicapped tag right now and Mika is mad that I won't get one. Honestly, there are some days that parking close would have been a good thing because of my breathing, but you can't tell that I'm ready to drop because I'm out of breathe so I don't want to deal with the assholes that would say something.

And yes, my breathing gets that bad. If your heart can't get blood to your lungs, breathing becomes very difficult.

Agreed but nuts, not just almonds, are a good way to get quick protein when you’re trying to boost your energy. I wasn’t lecturing you just pointing out the last thing an MT is concerned about is calories when they’re working.
Yes, busting a nut or two is a great energy boost!

Top Bottom