::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

SOB. I've been spending a lot of money on different sprays to get rid of ants (There is construction going on nearby and the ants have invaded two of our buildings).

This morning I ran out so I made a 10% solution of bleach water and sprayed an area that is a chronic problem. I let it dry and so far, no more ants. I know the bleach knocks out their scent trail, but I didn't think it would be this effective.

Goll-ee Mr Science!

Bacon wrapped garlic peppercorn pork tenderloin is on the grill. I'm on the couch, remote thermometer by my side, and rum in my glass.

We are having grilled chicken souvlaki with fresh tzatziki sauce on mini naan bread.

YUM!
Nanilei makes the marinade and the tzatziki sauce from scratch.
Amazing.

We are having grilled chicken souvlaki with fresh tzatziki sauce on mini naan bread.

YUM!
Nanilei makes the marinade and the tzatziki sauce from scratch.
Amazing.

That sounds amazing too.

I wonder if I can cook naan on my pizza stone?

New modem, back again.

I guess the amount of things we have running smoked the modem we had? The repair guy told us their service just doesn't have the bandwidth we need to operate all the things we want to do. Monday we are going to get Xfinity which, according to advertisement, is 100 compared to 7 mbps. My daughter helped me sign up for this. And from her experience, I need to buy my own modem rather than rent theirs for about $15 a month. Now I just have to figure out what modem do I need?

SOB. I've been spending a lot of money on different sprays to get rid of ants (There is construction going on nearby and the ants have invaded two of our buildings).

This morning I ran out so I made a 10% solution of bleach water and sprayed an area that is a chronic problem. I let it dry and so far, no more ants. I know the bleach knocks out their scent trail, but I didn't think it would be this effective.

Diatomaceous Earth works as a barrier. It’s non-toxic. It desiccate the insects, leading to their death. Widely used around here as a scorpion deterrent. We get a 4 pound bag for under $10. You can even get food grade. Have fun.

Last night’s pork tenderloin was a Costco product. 2 cryopacked tenderloins in garlic peppercorn marinade and wrapped in bacon. Can’t really recommend it. Too heavy on the pepper. It tasted more like corned beef or pastrami. Now I have another one to cook.

I usually like these seasoned pork tenderloins. Cooking couldn’t be easier. 20-25 minutes on indirect heat on the grill with the lid closed. Use a remote thermometer and all the guesswork disappears.

Last night’s pork tenderloin was a Costco product. 2 cryopacked tenderloins in garlic peppercorn marinade and wrapped in bacon. Can’t really recommend it. Too heavy on the pepper. It tasted more like corned beef or pastrami. Now I have another one to cook.

I usually like these seasoned pork tenderloins. Cooking couldn’t be easier. 20-25 minutes on indirect heat on the grill with the lid closed. Use a remote thermometer and all the guesswork disappears.

I've tried their tri-tips before. To me the meat has a weird texture like they used some type of tenderizer on it. I'd rather just grill a regular tri-tip

Do it on the open grill - just be sure it's not too hot. I've done it - it's awesome.

I cooked some carne asada directly on the lump charcoal ala Alton Brown and it came out pretty good. Too much work for not that much difference but it was worth trying.

Top Bottom