::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

good morning hos

Here's the view outside the back door of my classroom. That building to the left is brand new, that door on the right is my classroom.

It's clearing up a bit. The meteorologists said we had 3.7" of rain. My neighbor's rain gauge registered just a bit over 5.5". The storm that dumped on Hawaii/Maui is supposed to hit us later today and bring snow to our foothills again.

I need a sabbatical. My brother-in-law works for Intel. Sabbatical every 7 years. I've worked for Kaiser for 32 years. Sabbatical never.

I had one sabbatial over 35 years of professional ministry. Should have been every 7 years, but family, finances, and job mobility got in the way.

I had one sabbatial over 35 years of professional ministry. Should have been every 7 years, but family, finances, and job mobility got in the way.

I led the sabbatical committee for the pastor at my old church. We helped him get a Lilly grant that covered the cost of his entire sabbatical and paid for his replacement while he was gone. We also raised money to buy him a new laptop to take with him - he was working on some ancestry research while on sabbatical and we wanted to support that.

The rain is dumping again. Kids are walking in soaked and they only have to walk about 50 yards in the rain if they come across the quad.

Is that better than a Tilley? I have a Tilley hat for bass fishing. Well, any kind of fishing really.

We are Tilley fans. We have several. But my and my husbands rain hats made from oil cloth are Dorfmans. Water just heads up and runs off. The back brim is a bit longer too. They work great in the rain.

We are Tilley fans. We have several. But my and my husbands rain hats made from oil cloth are Dorfmans. Water just heads up and runs off. The back brim is a bit longer too. They work great in the rain.

Dorfman Pacific makes some nice hats under their own name, and has some nice brands under their name now.

My typical lower altitude summer hiking hat is a Dorfman Pacific that is similar in style to a Vietnam era "Boonie" hat. Lighter weight with a wide floppy brim.

We are often above the timberline and unfortunately the UV rays bounce off of rocks (being on the water does the same thing). Even when wearing a hat I've had my neck, face, and under my chin burned from the reflectivity off the rocks. Need to buy a high UPF neck gaiter.

Up that high the peaks form their own weather, and usually rain comes in after noon. It's also cooler up there, so I usually bring the OR Sombrero since it's Gore-tex and warmer than the Dorfman.

Here's the view outside the back door of my classroom. That building to the left is brand new, that door on the right is my classroom.

It's clearing up a bit. The meteorologists said we had 3.7" of rain. My neighbor's rain gauge registered just a bit over 5.5". The storm that dumped on Hawaii/Maui is supposed to hit us later today and bring snow to our foothills again.

Is there supposed to be a picture?

showthread.php

Details.

Attachments

• IMG_6692.jpg
    IMG_6692.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 27
We have 4" of snow and a lot more to come.

Bunker sled dogs are itching to get out and have some fun.

BTW, best ever over coat I had for wearing with suits was an Australian style oil cloth outback duster. Nothing got through that oil cloth. It was super long so suit pants stayed dry, had a huge collar you could flip up, and had a double front flap. Best overcoat ever.

If Bobby Curtis ever takes time off from his racing circuit - Dixie's (the former Leavitt's) in Sisters. Unfortunately the Spotted Mule in Bend closed their doors in 2010.

So, 5th period.

It's been nice for the last couple of weeks because my biggest PITA student has been suspended and the other kids are more manageable when they don't have to posture for the PITA.

Today, I went to the bathroom and noticed a few patrol cars in our parking lot. Five minutes after the start of class one of the deans walks in and asks for the PITA and there are two officers in the hall waiting for him.

This kid has no chance at life.

Apparently he was selling drugs for his grandfather on campus. Some kid stiffed him and grandpa came down at lunchtime to the McDonalds on the corner and roughed up a 14 year old kid. Gossip has it that grandpa is on the run (just recently got out of prison) and now PITA is most likely on his way to juvie. According to the kids, mom is a mess (drugs) and dad has never been in the picture.

I had another kid with similar Homelife in the past but he was a model student/citizen in spite of his circumstances. Scholarship to UC Davis. I wonder what the difference is?

Some other secure attachment?

One kid decided he wanted a different life, and the other kid has decided he doesn't?

That would involve a lot of executive function... forecasting which actions will lead to which future. A lot of things can impair executive function.

Top Bottom