::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I might try adding a current "Jahwaiian" style song to the repertoire, per Nanilei's suggestion.
Most of the people I play for on the boat are visitors. She thought they might get a kick out of hearing me.play a song from the radio they might have heard in the car. For those who don't know, Hawaii radio tends to play the same 5-6 songs over and over and over.

Anyway, I was trying to keep it to Hawaiian and Hapa Haole (Hawaiian songs with English lyrics) so that I would not have people make requests, and so far that plan is working.

We'll see...

Sally, I bet I'm running close to you on carb intake today.

egg white, spinach tomato wrap this morning but I used the wrap like a plate and threw it away.

I'm guessing my breakfast was less than 1g carbs.

Lunch was garlic roasted broccoli w/1T slivered almonds (13g)

I may lose at dinner time though. Really craving fish and chips

Sally, I bet I'm running close to you on carb intake today.

egg white, spinach tomato wrap this morning but I used the wrap like a plate and threw it away.

I'm guessing my breakfast was less than 1g carbs.

Lunch was garlic roasted broccoli w/1T slivered almonds (13g)

I may lose at dinner time though. Really craving fish and chips

fish and chips is doable if I skip the "chips".

71 g carbs
1400mg sodium

That's a ton of sodium for an entree but I had no salt all day. A tiny bit in the parmesan(80 mg /Tablsp) but I only used about a teaspoon so 27 ish.

So bored.

My kids are watching a video about Poetry Slams. It's our next unit and I've been doing this since I started so I can pretty much recite the video.

Next weekend I think I will be in Sacramento for a basketball tournament.

You'll be visiting?

Mrs Pere is going to a couple of rose shows. 130 roses in the new backyard aren't enough? Friday touristing in SF. Saturday I'll be tripping out from Sebastopol. Sunday the nearer East Bay. Monday is still vague. Driving home Tues-Wed.

I'm trying to find a source online that will tell me how much sodium you ingest eating ramen if you don't drink the broth.

Can't find anything. I guess I could make a packet of ramen, measure out the broth, put the noodles in for a bit remove and then measure the broth again. I could calculate how much of the broth gets soaked up and figure it out that way.

Top ramen noodles also contain about 100 mg of salt by themselves. I'll have to check real ramen.

I'm trying to find a source online that will tell me how much sodium you ingest eating ramen if you don't drink the broth.

Can't find anything. I guess I could make a packet of ramen, measure out the broth, put the noodles in for a bit remove and then measure the broth again. I could calculate how much of the broth gets soaked up and figure it out that way.

Top ramen noodles also contain about 100 mg of salt by themselves. I'll have to check real ramen.

Cool. Homemade or fresh ramen has only about 3mg or sodium for a batch that feeds four.
62g of carbs. 62 is high but if I budget my carbs from earlier meals, I should be okay for a daily total. Consistency is better but having a larger carb portion once in a while should be okay.

Cool. Homemade or fresh ramen has only about 3mg or sodium for a batch that feeds four.
62g of carbs. 62 is high but if I budget my carbs from earlier meals, I should be okay for a daily total. Consistency is better but having a larger carb portion once in a while should be okay.

A dietician told me when having carbs I should always have a protein and maybe a bit of fat to slow down the way it metabolizes. Not sure about the fat part but that's what they told me.

Hungry today.
We are going to the gym after work today so I think subconsciously my brain is telling me it is OK to eat more, so go ahead, walk down to Char Hung Sut and get dim sum.

Stupid brain.

Hungry today.
We are going to the gym after work today so I think subconsciously my brain is telling me it is OK to eat more, so go ahead, walk down to Char Hung Sut and get dim sum.

Stupid brain.

I saw that restaurant sign in the background of a TV show the other day. I was only passing through while Mika was watching. Might've been Hawaii 5-0.

I did not cave, but now I am "not feeling" the gym which is how I know I need to go.
:D

Top Bottom