::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

'Cousin Cooter an 'Cousin Bufford would be proud to host you this Thanksgiving.

Tip for the day...

If you are assembling flat pack furniture such as IKEA, or installing European concealed cabinet hinges, check the wood screws to make sure if they are Pozidriv heads, or Philips heads.

Almost all IKEA furniture requires a Pozidriv screwdriver.

Pozidriv screws have four little lines inscribed on the head - one line between each slot of the Philips looking slots.

The Pozidriv screwdriver has four additional little blades that grip these four lines, in addition to the four Philips blades.

If you use a Philips head screwdriver on Pozidriv screws the screwdriver can’t get a full and tight grip, and it will slip out before the screw has been fully tightened and snugged down.

Well folks, it's time to share some news. It appears that Sam the Eagle has been lost for good. Yes, I was Sam - as many of you guessed. After many many attempts to revive the account, I am unable to get the password reset and not able to log in because Sam's email account was disabled. Attempts to create a new account for Sam have not worked.

Sam blames the online Russian propaganda / mental manipulation machine creating fake accounts for getting his email account shut down. As for creating a new account on the forum... the software seems to have a "feature" in it that rejects creating a new account for Sam.

So at this point our fine feathered friend is no longer able to harrumph around in the on-line world.

I really hate spoilers.

I’m so sad. The other teacher and I went out on our own to create a lot of our own content, because a lot of the suggested materials were outdated. Kids were bored and not wanting to come. She and I worked hard to create something kids were actually engaged in and kids have been wanting to come now. This year we’ve tripled the number of kids who come on a weekly basis. I don’t want to let those kids down. It breaks my heart that I’m even considering it. Working with kids is not my life’s passion like my fellow volunteer who is an elementary teacher by trade. I do it to give back to those in the community who helped lift me up in my time of greatest need as a struggling parent. Most of those people have moved on. I have a few people in the community I consider friends, but I’m not super engaged with the rest of the community anymore. It doesn’t fill my spiritual cup since it became politically focused. It’s always been a left leaning place which used to be refreshing to be around like minded people. One could join committees where people could work for social causes. Services were centered around spiritual pratices. Social justice committees were where one could put their beliefs in practice. Now services feel like political rallies. There’s always plenty of those around the Portland metro area I can go to if I so choose.

You should look into doing kids curriculum development. It's a profitable field. We use Diane Venzera's stuff.

Today marks the observance of Veterans Day. "Thank you for your service!", to all our PoHo veterans, and to vets everywhere....

I feel like our minister doesn't understand the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. I'm not sure how to educate her politely. But, as a veteran, her mentions in the service seemed ... uninformed.

Good morning.

Looking through the bunker's periscope I see that there is some white stuff on the ground. I has been explained to me that heavy frost does not fall from the sky like this stuff appeared to be doing.

Radioactive fallout?

Seriously, what is it with Disney parks and those turkey legs? Disney World is the same way. Everywhere you look there are smoked turkey legs for sale. ... and Funnel Cakes.

Where does the rest of the turkey go?

We will probably just cook a breast as this year.
Worked out well last year.
Still had plenty of food and leftovers, but did not have to break down, carve, and dispose of the carcass.

Oh, I guess it goes to Damon's house.

We just got invited to ANOTHER Thanksgiving - Nanilei's cousin.
It is a dilemma.
We like to just be lazy, stay home, do.our own thing.

We want to go to Corrine and Don's because they asked us and we like them ( and already agreed ).
We also want to go to Alika's because he throws good parties and has good food and fun company.
Nanilei's cousin is our only blood family on the island.

Dilemmas!

We're going to NJ to visit the baby. Apparently Thanksgiving dinner will be at a seafood restaurant.

Soooooooooo.... that's a first. :/

I've only shoveled snow once in my life. Vacationing at a friends cabin in Tahoe so I shoveled his driveway after getting snow off of the roof (it was pretty deep). That had to be twenty years ago because today I'd probably collapse after a couple of passes.

Hope you get to warm up and relax the rest of the day!

Since we have a flat roof people always ask us about raking snow off it. We don't have to do that. Our house is positioned at the end of a lane, so there's a wind tunnel effect and it all just blows off.

Top Bottom