::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

When storms come in and the wind is coming from the south planes take off in the opposite direction at SJ Airport which means they're taking off parallel to my house about a 1/4 mile away. Very noisy. Very annoying.

We're under the Standard Approach/Departure for Phoenix airport for arrivals and departures to the East. They're probably crossing our house about 6,000 feet. As an aviation enthusiast I'm perpetually amused.

We're under the Standard Approach/Departure for Phoenix airport for arrivals and departures to the East. They're probably crossing our house about 6,000 feet. As an aviation enthusiast I'm perpetually amused.

easily under 600 feet when they cross my house. We're close

Teas have caffeine too, don't they?
Or is decaffeinated tea a superfluous label?

Black teas can have more caffeine than coffee. But tea rarely affects me like a cup of coffee for some reason.

When storms come in and the wind is coming from the south planes take off in the opposite direction at SJ Airport which means they're taking off parallel to my house about a 1/4 mile away. Very noisy. Very annoying.
If you had lots of money and complained you could get what the people in Back Bay next to John Wayne airport got done. The airport was already there, it had been for many many years. Then some developer decided to build multi million dollar homes between it and the coastline. The pitiful rich schmucks that bought them didn’t realize as the area grew bigger planes would be using those runways right next to their homes creating a lot of noise and because these people had money they got their way. The airport was taken to court.
That’s why when you take off there the planes go straight up, it’s like taking off in a rocket. Damon knows.

If you had lots of money and complained you could get what the people in Back Bay next to John Wayne airport got done. The airport was already there, it had been for many many years. Then some developer decided to build multi million dollar homes between it and the coastline. The pitiful rich schmucks that bought them didn’t realize as the area grew bigger planes would be using those runways right next to their homes creating a lot of noise and because these people had money they got their way. The airport was taken to court.
That’s why when you take off there the planes go straight up, it’s like taking off in a rocket. Damon knows.

“Noise Abatement Procedures In Effect”

When they cut the engines is what freaks me out.

You feel like you're stalling and dropping.

Not only do I know, my mom lived in one of those houses on the Back Bay that the Jets roared over.

I loved it when it was Santa Ana winds.
Then the planes were landing over the house.
Low, slow, and much less noisy.
Low enough to see the lug nuts on the landing gear!

I am not allowed to talk about the approach patterns of airplanes that may, or may not, have flown over, or near, the bunker.

I asked "out there" but I should ask y'all.

What do you wish there was more of/less of at uke events?

If you could wave a magic wand, what would you change?

I asked "out there" but I should ask y'all.

What do you wish there was more of/less of at uke events?

If you could wave a magic wand, what would you change?

Fewer songs from the 1960s.

Don Ho. More Don Ho.

More Kui Lee. Everyone should know Kanaka Pete by heart.

Not only do I know, my mom lived in one of those houses on the Back Bay that the Jets roared over.

I loved it when it was Santa Ana winds.
Then the planes were landing over the house.
Low, slow, and much less noisy.
Low enough to see the lug nuts on the landing gear!
so it’s your moms fault I get whiplash every time I fly out...he he he!

Looks like I’m the one turning on the lights and heat here this morning.

Breakfast is over there. Serve yourself, but please put your dishes in the dishwasher when you are done.

Top Bottom