::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Are you staying at a hotel between appointments and treatments? I was getting confused as to what is what. I have a good feeling about your new treatment. Stay positive Don.

Are you bringing a uke with you when you have long treatments or is that not possible?

Yes, they put us up at a nice hotel when we need to be near the cancer center. It is payed for by the clinical trial study. It even includes a breakfast and dinner buffet. When I go into the hospital, Elaine will be allowed, and encouraged, to stay in my hotel room with me.

No uke with me. I think they'd want to sanitize and disinfect it!!:D

Yes, they put us up at a nice hotel when we need to be near the cancer center. It is payed for by the clinical trial study. It even includes a breakfast and dinner buffet. When I go into the hospital, Elaine will be allowed, and encouraged, to stay in my hotel room with me.

No uke with me. I think they'd want to sanitize and disinfect it!!:D

I can send you a plastic one that could be dunked and disinfected!

Which hospital? Obviously I won't be visiting (the commute is a little stiff from Portland), but I'd love to know. Can you let us know dates and stuff like that?

I can send you a plastic one that could be dunked and disinfected!

Which hospital? Obviously I won't be visiting (the commute is a little stiff from Portland), but I'd love to know. Can you let us know dates and stuff like that?

I know it's the Moffitt Cancer Center Hospital, in Tampa Florida. I'm not positive if that is the correct name, but it's close. I believe my official admission date will be 10/22 and I will be inpatient for two weeks or more. After release, we go back to the hotel for a few weeks, as I will have daily appointments at the cancer center....

Do you just go to Lanai tomorrow then or is that it for the week?

I might not even go again until November, we'll see. I asked him if he wanted me to go next week, he said he does not think so at this time.
I usually go on Thursdays. He (CIO of company) usually goes on Wednesdays. But I don't go if there is not much for me to do. I also spend two half days at the Honolulu office each week, usually Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9a -12p.

I had hidden hopes of trying to make it to TBUG this year. It can't happen, as I will be in the hospital that weekend.

Maybe next year!

I know Miss Mim had expressed interest in visiting me at the hospital, and as much as I would love to to see her, it just won't work. The doctors say it is technically allowed, but really ill-advised. I am expected to be very ill that weekend, and very susceptible to infection.

I'd love it if anyone who cared to might play a song in my memory that week. I'm sure it would work to spread the PoHoMoJo, and lift my spirits. I'm particular fond of Merle Haggard's stuff, especially Momma Tried and Sing Me Back Home. Anything by Hank Williams would be a winner, too.

I so deeply appreciate all the wonderful support I'm be given by my PoHo family. Thank you, my friends....

I won't be at TBUG, but Mama Tried and You Win Again are two of my favourite songs to play by Merle and Hank. You got it! Maybe I need to make a couple videos!

And post them on Facebook! :p

Holy Schmokes! Seven years ago I uploaded this video.
I really need to do another one.
I think I play much cleaner now.

Hi, Hos. I'm home from the hotel in Tampa, and the cancer center, for four or five days of rest. We got a lot accomplished; several tests, several trainings, a couple of treatments, and a few doctor's meetings. It has been tough and exhausting, but I'm hanging in there.

We go back again on Tuesday of next week for another training, a doctor's checkup, and more IV steroids. It'll just be one night at the hotel, that trip. Then we come back home for a few more days.

After that we go back the following Sunday, I think, and won't be back for over a month, most of which will be spent inpatient at the hospital....

How are you sleeping Don?

The building project is winding down to odds and ends. Maybe I can take a picture and post it. I haven't posted pictures that I have taken for a while.
This weekend we are driving to the camp where our daughter has her trailer set up. A couple of pictures of that might be nice also.

The building project is winding down to odds and ends. Maybe I can take a picture and post it. I haven't posted pictures that I have taken for a while.
This weekend we are driving to the camp where our daughter has her trailer set up. A couple of pictures of that might be nice also.

I look forward to seeing it.

Top Bottom