::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We went to a Portland Thorns game last night - Portland's women's soccer team. It. Was. Awesome. Portland's Thorns are considered by some to be the best-supported professional women's team in ANY sport in the WORLD - and I believe it! Nearly 20,000 people at the game; the North end of the stadium is filled with the Thorns official fan club - something like 2000 people chanting and beating drums and doing dances. I've heard that many of their competitors will average 1500 to 2000 people per game - the Thorns average over 17,000. The Thorns have as much of a fan base in Portland as the Men's MLS team, the Timbers.

James' club team played up a grade level this weekend.

A couple turnovers late in the game led to a 1 point loss in the first game.

The second game we got absolutely CRUSHED by 34 points. Good lesson for the boys. In our last tournament at our own grade level we beat two teams 30+ points. 5th graders playing against 6th graders is a little bit harder when the 6th graders start getting tall.

James was dribbling the ball up court and fell for no apparent reason. It was pretty hilarious.

We play in the "friendship" game tomorrow.

Susie, when are you coming to the field? Are you staying in that awesome cabin again?

Back to where? Georgia?

Not at all, but will be visiting family for the month of June. We are moving to the road. Wasilla to be exact. But the road. Which means, I get to save $5k a year in plane tickets. And we get to get grocery shopping with fresh veggies. And milk that doesn’t cost $15/gallon. But it also means we got to get haircuts and act civilized.

Due to the immense amount of money I have spent since becoming a grandma, we canceled our cruise to Alaska. I still have to tell Craig & Sarah. :/ I'm bummed, but we have to keep our balance sheet in the black.

One day we will do a cruise. Now that we are living in the road, we can actually drive places. Our house is always open to any poho that wants an Alaskan vacation.

And...

Conga rats!! Grandma?

One guy paid me for a $100 part (well, a $110 part, but we dickered) with a $100 bill. I didn't really want to take it, because I don't know the guy, but I also didn't want to lose the sale.

I saw him walk to his truck, and put the part in. He opened the door, got a drink out of a cooler, and then continued on to shop some more.

I went over and wrote down his license plate number, just in case this hundred ends up being bogus....
Those hundreds do look fake.

Leaving AK? I thought things were going good up there?? Didn't you sell your place in GA?

Never!! To Ga. the road system (basically there are two main roads in Alaska. One runs north to south and one from the east side of the state to Canada.

We are moving to wasilla. It’s a big town. Maybe 100k people. But we will have legit unlimited internet. And stores. And roads.

We went to a Portland Thorns game last night - Portland's women's soccer team. It. Was. Awesome. Portland's Thorns are considered by some to be the best-supported professional women's team in ANY sport in the WORLD - and I believe it! Nearly 20,000 people at the game; the North end of the stadium is filled with the Thorns official fan club - something like 2000 people chanting and beating drums and doing dances. I've heard that many of their competitors will average 1500 to 2000 people per game - the Thorns average over 17,000. The Thorns have as much of a fan base in Portland as the Men's MLS team, the Timbers.
That is a large crowd. We are hoping to catch a Atlanta United game, and a Braves game this summer. I’m excited about the United game. Apparently they are decent and attract a large crowd. But I think your team attracts more than they do. That’s impressive.

Sally, two pieces of gear I recommend. Best. Things. Ever.
Klymit static V sleeping pad. I sold my cots after getting one. I bought the insulated and xl model, but it is amazing and smaller than any pad I’ve ever owned before. I wake up refreshed.
The other is a tigoat tipi. Amazing!!

Sally, two pieces of gear I recommend. Best. Things. Ever.
Klymit static V sleeping pad. I sold my cots after getting one. I bought the insulated and xl model, but it is amazing and smaller than any pad I’ve ever owned before. I wake up refreshed.
The other is a tigoat tipi. Amazing!!
Thanks. Your tipi’s not especially designed for backpacking. We’ve got a Zpack copy tent on its way. 2 person tent that’s 21 ounces. It uses trekking poles to set up.
Hubby’s got his Paria 2 and a half inch pad already, I’m insisting on the 4 inch. We’re trying to go ultra light on as much equipment as possible.

Not at all, but will be visiting family for the month of June. We are moving to the road. Wasilla to be exact. But the road. Which means, I get to save $5k a year in plane tickets. And we get to get grocery shopping with fresh veggies. And milk that doesn’t cost $15/gallon. But it also means we got to get haircuts and act civilized.

I bought a half gallon of milk yesterday for 70 cents, not a sale, regular price.

Top Bottom