::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

"Before the first Daytona 500 moved from the beach oval to the speedway in 1959, there was racing on the packed sand of Daytona Beach."

I guess they went off the beach in 1959.

'morning Padre!

You must be incognito?

Code:
Thread Information
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

Ukulelerob

2 Users only my name?

I don't know. My name always shows up at the bottom when I'm here. Don't know what it does when I close my computer to do other things.

Hubby’s birthday. Told him I was taking him in for a body scrub and a day at Disneyland. He’s not excited.

We’re actually meeting the kids at a brewery house on the bay for beer and brunch.

This is what I see just now:

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)
PereBourik*

24 Hours of Le Mans!

I fell in love with motor racing in the '60s. While all forms to motorsport have been transformed by technology, endurance racing is most like my nostalgic ideal.

This is one I hope to see in person at some point.

I'm just glad I got to see several F1 races when they still had the good engines.
Tech changes at Le Mans as well, but still sights and sounds and smells to behold I'm sure.

Always love to get a big whiff of burnt racing fuel.

The Ford GT sure looks great in race trim, as does the C7.R

Curious to see if the C8 mid-engine Corvette appears next year.

The Ford GT sure looks great in race trim, as does the C7.R

Curious to see if the C8 mid-engine Corvette appears next year.

My guess is 2021. Proper development takes awhile. There was a great article about the Corvette program in Road & Track in an issue before last years Le Mans (or was it 2017?). They are very meticulous.

Wishing Acura was there, but no.

I’ve tried to recover my interest on F1. The. Stadium circuits and limited passing don’t do it for me. I love events on road courses. 66-70 I went to the Can-Am races at Laguna Seca.

I'm multi-tasking.
Watching Le Mans and learning new songs.
I am putting together a jazzy Quando Quando Quando.
Really enjoying myself!
Going to pick up some Meat Jun, grab a couple beers and hit the beach soon.

I’ve tried to recover my interest on F1. The. Stadium circuits and limited passing don’t do it for me. I love events on road courses. 66-70 I went to the Can-Am races at Laguna Seca.

Jealous!
You got to see Mark Donohue drive a Porsche 917/30 at full speed on that track!

My guess is 2021. Proper development takes awhile. There was a great article about the Corvette program in Road & Track in an issue before last years Le Mans (or was it 2017?). They are very meticulous.

Wishing Acura was there, but no.

I was wondering if they were doing it in secret, but yeah you're probably right.

With Kimi away from Ferrari, Alonso out, and my favourite driver Juan Pablo Montoya long gone, there is not much keeping my interest in F1 beyond the tech, which my nerdy self still enjoys.
I really really miss the V10 20,000 RPM wail though.

Jealous!
You got to see Mark Donohue drive a Porsche 917/30 at full speed on that track!

Saw Donohue, Dan Gurney, and Parnelli Jones race TransAm there. My CanAm glory days were Bruce McClaren and Denny Hulme in McClarens against Jim Hall and Hap Sharp in Chapparals (even the vacuum car).

Last edited:
With Kimi away from Ferrari, Alonso out, and my favourite driver Juan Pablo Montoya long gone, there is not much keeping my interest in F1 beyond the tech, which my nerdy self still enjoys.
I really really miss the V10 20,000 RPM wail though.

Pedro Rodriguez driving a V-12 Ferarri against the rest of the V-8 CanAm cars.

I think I did see the first year of the big Porsches.

Laguna Seca is on what was the Army's Fort Ord. Strange juxtaposition of motorsport and the Army during the height of the Vietnam war.

Top Bottom