::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Hahaha maybe too much info, but I had THREE HOURS to kill waiting for a plane.

I feel like a foreigner every time I look at this thread.
I guess it's like a TV drama where you have to keep up with the story.
But I remain intrigued...
Can someone explain what "::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!" means?

You can PM me if it's ultra-un-cool to have to explain it.

I missed you coming aboard. So, hey! This is a thread about nothing. Kinda like The Seinfeld show. Anyone who comes here in friendship is welcome.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

Rainlocker time, and running about for a bit. Later!

We talk about beer, life, fountain pens, knitting, death, lots of stuff, and even (rarely) about ukuleles. It's a Hawaiian thing to talk story. That's mostly what we do here. Takes awhile to get the context. Jump in and soak it up.

Appreciate the explanation(s).
I hardly knew which friendly resonse to reply to!
But the short list of beer, life, fountain pens, knitting, death, and ukes is nothing short of irresistible.
The community built on this whole site is nothing short of astonishing... and I can see that this particular thread is rich in connection.
I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years, so I can dig in a bit more, maybe locate the World Congress.
Thx for your welcome. :)

I played a couple of my Ukes today for the first time since UWC. I’m trying to enjoy it again. I’m so damn self critical I’ve been avoiding just playing for my own pleasure, that’s been going on for a couple years now. I’ve got some sort of wall up and I need to tear it down and just play for fun again.

I go through that sometimes, I think having it easily available and visible helps you to get back into it.

Can someone explain what "::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!" means?

This thread(s) also kind of had it's origins when UU decided to award different titles depending on the number of posts a person had, they had no idea some of us would take it up as a challenge and "post whore" the site for kicks to see who can have the most posts. Silly stuff, but now it's just a sort of chat thread about anything and everything.

Appreciate the explanation(s).
I hardly knew which friendly resonse to reply to!
But the short list of beer, life, fountain pens, knitting, death, and ukes is nothing short of irresistible.
The community built on this whole site is nothing short of astonishing... and I can see that this particular thread is rich in connection.
I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years, so I can dig in a bit more, maybe locate the World Congress.
Thx for your welcome. :)

Wait a minute!!!! You live in St. Paul???? You are my neighbor! I live in Burnsville. Welcome. I’m
Sukie.

Gary here’s your original post. You didn’t say you actually ate there. That’s why I asked. I wasn’t challenging your authority, I was just asking why I shouldn’t try it, that’s all.

Sorry. I should have typed that in comic sans. I was just trying to be sarcastic. I wasn't offended at all. But trust me. It SUCKED!!!

Last night James wanted sushi again so I hit the internet and we went to this place called Hana Maru about 10 minutes away from the park. It was authentic either but the fish was awesomely fresh (except the tuna which was that prepackaged, cryo-vac crap that a lot of places use these days; it's fresh and okay just very little flavor).

It's also one of those places with a ton of "specialty rolls." I generally stay away from those places too because that's how you can mask sub-standard fish but this place is an anomaly. Although I ordered using all the Japanese words for the fish and then had to repeat my order in English because the sushi chef didn't know what I was asking for. :)

That was Shin-Sen Gumi in Fountain Valley. typo

089C94F9000005DC-0-image-a-161_1443054581700.jpg

I kind of wonder how many other regular participants here know/remember the story...

There's more to it than this and I wasn't here from the beginning. But back in the day Ahnko Honu (his UU username) had more posts than anyone in the forum. That was chapter 1. Now we're up to Chapter 23. I've only been here since Chapter 14.

We talk about beer, life, fountain pens, knitting, death, lots of stuff, and even (rarely) about ukuleles. It's a Hawaiian thing to talk story. That's mostly what we do here. Takes awhile to get the context. Jump in and soak it up.

Tell your story as you see fit.

It actually wasn't that he had more posts...it was that his post-per-day rate increased past that of Deach, the previous king. In sheer volume I'm now the leader on UU, but I'm not sure about the post-per-day. I can't remember where Dom (the founder of the thread) found that statistic.

Top Bottom