::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I typed my own summary, but it somehow did not post. So I will now just cut-and-paste from an email I just received from Naniei's sister in California...
so get this!
the new star wars ride "rise of the resistance" opened up today at Disneyland in the star wars land... and a coworker got to Disneyland at 245 AM!!!! to get in line! basically they do a reservation system so you're not just sitting in a line but they said the reservations were sold out in 90 seconds. you can only get reservations while inside the park so people were lined up that early to get into Disneyland to get a reservation! she actually got on the ride already and said it was the best ride she's ever been on and she's gone to all Disney parks except the one in Hong Kong.

We will be at Disneyland 2 weeks from today, but I'm not one to push it to get on the new rides. If we manage to ride it, great - otherwise we'll still have a fantastic time.

Ben has a reservation to build a custom light saber at 8:20 p.m. on Saturday. I hear he can bring a guest with him to watch. I wonder if he'll choose me or Emma.

My last three cars I managed to put over 150K on all of them:

2007 Honda Ridgeline (approx.) 155K
1999 Ford Expedition (purchased in '02 w/60K I put another 110K on it). Roughly 170K
1988 Nissan Pathfinder 223K

My current car, Honda Pilot is three years old and has 48K on it. The least mileage I've put on any of my cars.

With our RAV4 it originally belonged to my mom, who didn't drive much (but managed to put plenty of dents and scrapes into it). When I finally got her to agree to sell it to me (to get her to stop driving) I put average miles on it. I then drove Honda Insights for 3 years, so the RAV went into storage except to take my mom to appointments occasionally (she couldn't get down into an Insight). I then went back to the RAV and drove it until I got my Mazda CX-5 last August. I was really the only person to add much in the way of mileage - so probably 60,000 of the 68,000 miles were added while I actively drove it - about 5 years total.

Besides my mom's dents it's in great condition mechanically, so we're keeping it for when Emma starts driving next year. I exercise it regularly to keep it in good shape and I loaned it to my brother and his family over Christmas while they were here for a visit.

With our RAV4 it originally belonged to my mom, who didn't drive much (but managed to put plenty of dents and scrapes into it). When I finally got her to agree to sell it to me (to get her to stop driving) I put average miles on it. I then drove Honda Insights for 3 years, so the RAV went into storage except to take my mom to appointments occasionally (she couldn't get down into an Insight). I then went back to the RAV and drove it until I got my Mazda CX-5 last August. I was really the only person to add much in the way of mileage - so probably 60,000 of the 68,000 miles were added while I actively drove it - about 5 years total.

Besides my mom's dents it's in great condition mechanically, so we're keeping it for when Emma starts driving next year. I exercise it regularly to keep it in good shape and I loaned it to my brother and his family over Christmas while they were here for a visit.

My Pilot has a ton of scrapes and one little dent where a kid crashed his bike into my car. My car is a parking lot magnet for people who can't back out without scraping the car next to them.

1999 Ford Expedition (purchased in '02 w/60K I put another 110K on it). Roughly 170K

My current car, Honda Pilot is three years old and has 48K on it. The least mileage I've put on any of my cars.

My 1985 Toyota 4x4 pickup I put 187,000 miles on, replaced that in 2002 with my Dakota, which had 167,000 when I retired that in 2016. My 1996 Mustang GT has 159,000 on it (but I think the odometer broke a couple of years ago...)
Helen, my 2009 Corolla I bought used in 2016 with 42,800 miles on it, now has 96,200.

So happy it is Friday today.
This weekend we hope to find a birthday present for Nanilei's sister, find a delicious Banh Mi at a place in town (we have two potential to try) and hopefully get to relax/decompress a bit.
Oh, and I have some yard work to do and have to take down the XMas lights. I was going to do that last weekend but it rained too much.
I guess this turned into an accidental Rafe Report.

So happy it is Friday today.
This weekend we hope to find a birthday present for Nanilei's sister, find a delicious Banh Mi at a place in town (we have two potential to try) and hopefully get to relax/decompress a bit.
Oh, and I have some yard work to do and have to take down the XMas lights. I was going to do that last weekend but it rained too much.
I guess this turned into an accidental Rafe Report.

I was really disappointed in the Lee's sandwich I went to recently. The portion of meat was minuscule and the bread had absolutely no flavor. None.

There are tons of Vietnamese places in San Jose so I know I'll find a good place eventually but Lee's are all over the place and convenient.

we got our pilot in 2010 or 11 it was an 09 and it had 35k its upto 140k

Alright well I think I am going to call it Pau Hana time.
I am working a t a carboard box factory in Kapolei today, I have been here since 8ish and it is 3:36PM now.
Got a lot of little things that needed to be done here taken care of.
This place is only a couple of blocks away from Costco so I will head there to get gas, and then get some provisions before heading home.

Happy Aloha Friday!

I’ve averaged fewer than 10K miles/year on my Acura. Heaviest use was the first year when I was still employed, and road trips to Michigan for Midwest Uke Camp and a road trip to Phoenix via Grand Junction.

Not that I’m going swimming this weekend, but the pool has turned the corner and is starting to warm up. Woot!
Started the week at 49°. It’s up to 51° today.

I was really disappointed in the Lee's sandwich I went to recently. The portion of meat was minuscule and the bread had absolutely no flavor. None.

There are tons of Vietnamese places in San Jose so I know I'll find a good place eventually but Lee's are all over the place and convenient.
I always order double meat and double veggies at Lee’s.

Top Bottom