::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Yeah, his wife owns a local beauty salon, so the left half of the building will be redone into that and we lose our stock area. He told us several times that he "wants us to stay and needs us to stay to make it work." So we need to find a new place to store a few hundred cases, shipping boxes, etc, etc. I think our lease expires in October.

I'm guessing it's also half the rent? Hope you find an even better situation.

Went looking for golf clubs for James and I found an okay set for $110.00. I'm guessing someone just left them there when they bought new clubs because I think that's about the profit they usually make on a set of used clubs.

They're about 8 years old and in good condition. James doesn't like golf much but Mika wants to start playing again so I'm thinking James will have more of an interest in going when we all go together. He's about 5'5" now, so I had to get him an adult set. Now I'll just keep an eye out for woods for him.

I have a buddy in the industry that is keeping an eye out for a new/used set for Mika. We're going to need to scale back our spending in other areas if we're all going to golf. Mika is already planning on golfing in Hawaii next year.

Went looking for golf clubs for James and I found an okay set for $110.00. I'm guessing someone just left them there when they bought new clubs because I think that's about the profit they usually make on a set of used clubs.

They're about 8 years old and in good condition. James doesn't like golf much but Mika wants to start playing again so I'm thinking James will have more of an interest in going when we all go together. He's about 5'5" now, so I had to get him an adult set. Now I'll just keep an eye out for woods for him.

I have a buddy in the industry that is keeping an eye out for a new/used set for Mika. We're going to need to scale back our spending in other areas if we're all going to golf. Mika is already planning on golfing in Hawaii next year.

I've golfed quite a bit in Hawaii. Honestly I think I'd rather try surf fishing for Ulua.

Hey Don, how's your energy after treatments?

My friend Len is pretty wiped out after his treatments but I think they're hitting him with a pretty strong dose.

I like your attitude. Kick its butt Don. Kick its butt!!!

Here's the uke I won in the raffle

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kala archtip.jpg
    Kala archtip.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 37
That uke doesn't sound that great to me but the reviews I read is that it sounds good when plugged-in to an amp.

I love surf fishing. I want to go out and fish on vacay but nobody wants to go on a boat for 4 hrs to fish besides me.....

I want to try light tackle off the rocks for Ulua.

I might be able to give it a shot the next time I'm in Kauai. Kahai from UU said his dad loves fishing for ulua. I would love to be able to buy a rig and just leave it there with Kahai's dad. Maybe I could purchase a set up he would like and then he could use it the rest of the time I'm not there? That would be awesome.

Gary - there is a store at Merchant & Richards St downtown, across the street from the Post Office by 'Iolani Palace and the King Kamehameha statue, that is packed to the rafters with old golf clubs. Many days they are literally spilling outside. I bet you could find something there for James.

I see people surf fishing on the West Side all the time. I have yet to see someone catch something.

My friends on the North Shore though have much better luck, and consistently catch fish, but they are doing two things differently (aside from the location).
They "fish" all night (fire and beer).
They also don't cast - they are surfers so they get on their boards and paddle the lines waaaaaaaay out.

That uke doesn't sound that great to me but the reviews I read is that it sounds good when plugged-in to an amp.

My little Kala concert doesn't sound that great to me, but hey, it still has its original strings and has been living in my car for what, four years now? Amazing if you ask me.
Oh, and Kimo played it at a kanikapila last year and it sounded just fine. :)

I see colors on the weather map.
Those are the remnants of Tropical Cyclone Erick.
Does not look too scary anymore.

Don, was that your first chemo treatment yesterday?
How are you doing?
I hear it can take a lot out of you.
Stay strong!

We saw Hobbs & Shaw last night.
Stupid, predictable, ridiculous.
Of course we both enjoyed it, great action.

I chose the wrong movie though!

Yesterday was Jerry Garcia's birthday and they show a Grateful Dead concert on that day every year.

The first snuck up on me.
Hey now! Gotta go pay rent!

Top Bottom