::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Just can't believe people are trying to rationalize separating kids from their families and comparing it to criminals who make bad decisions.

The ugly has reared its head once again. This administration has opened my eyes about my fellow humans. There are so many hateful people in the world, it saddens me.

We woke up at 6:24 a.m. to loud thunder. Sheryl ran downstairs to sit with Kodi. We had storms last night, too. It was the first time he'd heard it and he was very upset. This morning was much louder and lasted longer - at least an hour.

Kodi would be in my bed. But I realize that’s not practical.

Sukie!
I almost forgot to post this picture for you!
Taken at the zoo when we went to go hear Josh Tatofi play.

0NfD2E8.jpg

Ours was my mom's. It was the most stripped model possible - didn't even have power steering. It was a two door in mustard yellow. When the seats were flipped forward so we could get into the back the driver's seat would hit the horn button on the steering wheel. My dad got it as an end-of-model year clearance special for a dirt-cheap price to replace my mom's old '65 Dart. My mom hated that Duster - we didn't have it for long.

My parents gave me the Duster to drive when I got my license. It was a terrible car, the steering was so loose that you constantly had to make adjustments to keep it going in a straight line.

Kodi would be in my bed. But I realize that’s not practical.

I tried to convince him to join me on the couch last night but he was so nervous he just had to be up and pacing. Even after I got down on the floor with him he didn't want to settle down. Sheryl got up with him this morning and she couldn't get him to settle down with her, either.

I tried to convince him to join me on the couch last night but he was so nervous he just had to be up and pacing. Even after I got down on the floor with him he didn't want to settle down. Sheryl got up with him this morning and she couldn't get him to settle down with her, either.

Poor baby.

Holly used to climb under our bed during thunderstorms. There is only about 4 inches of clearance, but in her terror, she would manage to squeeze herself under there. After the storm was over, she could never figure out how to contort herself to get back out again, so we'd have to rescue her. So the first order of business during a thunderstorm now is the block her from the bedroom, so she doesn't get trapped.

They, whoever they are, make a thunder jacket for dogs. They work pretty well.

They, whoever they are, make a thunder jacket for dogs. They work pretty well.

Thunderstorms are very rare here - probably one or two a year. If it was more than that I'd definitely consider that!

I think that is a good indicator of a life well spent. I was touched that so many people came to my mom's funeral.

Part of my mom's liver condition included the symptom of "ornery". Seriously, it's a real thing. We didn't expect or have a good turnout. Chronic illness can be a very isolating thing. That's ok. She touched people's lives as a lifelong caregiver to our most vulnerable populations. It's not the kind of thing you get a gold watch for at the end.

I had fun at the Make Music Day event downtown this evening. Song books were provided, and loaner ukes were made available. The songs were very simple, as was probably appropriate for the occasion.

There were only a handful of different chords to be found, all together. C, C7, D7, E7, F, G, and G7, if I remember correctly. The song with the most chords only had four.

So, playing wasn't any challenge for anyone other than a first-timer. But we had fun, and got ourselves out in front of the public. May be we'll even pick up some new members....

Top Bottom