::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

If you lived in California I assume it was a Beta Max?

My first VCR (VHS) had a wired remote. Could do one program/day at a time. It had a mechanical tuner (click, click). The tape loaded from the top, not in the front.

We, California, had both formats but beta lost in the marketing battle. My dad bought a BETA first but it was late enough in the battle that he could see VHS was going to be dominate so he returned it and got a VHS. I think he still has a ginormous camcorder that used VHS tape.

Our first one loaded from the top as well

You're working at the church today? No Kaiser? Nice.

I work from the church on Monday and Tuesday, but it's a combination of church and Kaiser. At the moment I'm in a Kaiser conference call - in a few minutes one of the pastors is due to arrive to work on a retreat that's happening this weekend...

View attachment 122322

We had something like this.

I had one like that which also had a bag with a shoulder strap and a shoulder-mount camera. It was a "portable" setup, but of course the camera connected to the deck with a cable and there was no battery, so you were tethered to the wall as well...very high tech. The deck was a top mount like you pictured and I used to watch movies with it on my 13 inch B/W TV. VERY posh.

That's CAPTAIN Damon to you!

Well, I still have to send in my paperwork and get approved by the Coast Guard, which I hear takes 100 days or so, but I passed all the tests, and got 100% on the sailing test!

Three out of seven I got 100%

Well, I still have to send in my paperwork and get approved by the Coast Guard, which I hear takes 100 days or so, but I passed all the tests, and got 100% on the sailing test!

I had absolutely no doubt in my mind. Congratulations, Captain!!!!

Nine guns to salute a captain. Arrrhh.

Congrats Captain Damon!

Code:
[COLOR="#000080"][CENTER]LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
written by Blackwell
performed by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs[/CENTER]

Em (break)   Owwww!   Who's that I see walkin' in these woods?
Em (break)  Why, it's Little Red Riding Hood!

Pattern 1:
(Em) Hey there, Little Red (G) Riding Hood
(A) You sure are lookin' good
(C) You're everything a (B7) big bad wolf could (Em) want
(B7) Listen to me!

(Em) Little Red (G) Riding Hood
(A) I don't think little big girls should
(C) Go walkin' in these (B7) spooky old woods (Em) alone
(B7) Owwww!

Pattern 2:
(G) What big eyes you have
(Em) The kind of eyes that drive wolves mad
So (A) just to see that you don't get chased
I think I (D7) ought to walk with you for a ways

(in pattern 2):
(G) What cool lips you have
(Em) They're sure to lure someone bad
So (A) until you get to Grandma's place
I think you (D7) ought to walk with me and be safe

(in pattern 1):
(Em) I'm gonna keep my (G) sheep suit on
(A) Till I'm sure that you've been shown
That (C) I can be trusted (B7) walkin' with you (Em) alone
(B7) Owwww!

(in pattern 1):
(Em) Little Red (G) Riding Hood,
(A) I'd like to hold you if I could
But (C) you might think I'm a (B7) big bad wolf, so I (Em) won't
(B7) Owwww!

(in pattern 2):
(G) What a big heart I have
(Em) The better to love you with
(A) Little Red Riding Hood
(D7) Even bad wolves can be good

(in pattern 2):
(G) I'll try to be satisfied
(Em) Just to walk close by your side
(A) Maybe you'll see things my way
Be(D7)fore we get to Grandma's place

(in pattern 1):
(Em) Little Red (G) Riding Hood
(A) You sure are lookin' good
(C) You're everything a (B7) big bad wolf could (Em) want

B7        	Em / / / G / / / A
Owwww--I mean baaa!        	Baaaa?
...and fade[/COLOR]

I can hear Sam the Sham singing in my head.

Morning kids. Yesterday was busy! Today will be too. Working more hours at the school. I got a raise too! And a new title. I am now the school administrator. Learning new paperwork and taking on some of the bosses work. She’s spread way too thin.
Hubby’s new job is going very well. He starts at 5 most mornings so he’s up at 4. But he’s home by 2, and he can disc golf every afternoon if he wants. The biggest challenge is getting him to bed and asleep by 9.

Morning kids. Yesterday was busy! Today will be too. Working more hours at the school. I got a raise too! And a new title. I am now the school administrator. Learning new paperwork and taking on some of the bosses work. She’s spread way too thin.
Hubby’s new job is going very well. He starts at 5 most mornings so he’s up at 4. But he’s home by 2, and he can disc golf every afternoon if he wants. The biggest challenge is getting him to bed and asleep by 9.

I'm glad you appreciated the song.

I'm also happy that things are smoothing out for use guys. Maybe you can visit Indiana next year?
In bed by nine and up at five is not that far out of the ordinary at my house. Now, not falling asleep before nine is sometimes.

I would have no problem with getting to bed by 9:00pm.

I would have no problem with getting to bed by 9:00pm.

Well, we start at 8. He lays out his clothes and stuff then showers etc. I pack his lunch.

He’s up at 4:00. A quick wake up shower and he’s out the door by 4:30.

It’s much like getting a kid ready for school.

Well, we start at 8. He lays out his clothes and stuff then showers etc. I pack his lunch.

He’s up at 4:00. A quick wake up shower and he’s out the door by 4:30.

It’s much like getting a kid ready for school.

I'm up by about 4:30-ish mostly because there's 3 of us and only one tiny bathroom.

I get James to bed about 8:30 and we chat for a bit in lieu of our old story time. Usually he's asleep before 8:45 or so. About half the time I fall asleep in his room too, get up at 9:30 and do a little work and try to get to sleep before 11:00.

I prefer skipper. It just seems so much more...well, comical.

I'm up by about 4:30-ish mostly because there's 3 of us and only one tiny bathroom.

I get James to bed about 8:30 and we chat for a bit in lieu of our old story time. Usually he's asleep before 8:45 or so. About half the time I fall asleep in his room too, get up at 9:30 and do a little work and try to get to sleep before 11:00.

11 is the earliest I even start thinking about bed.

Top Bottom