Thread: RECIPE No Cook Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie (lactose free, vegan)

Default RECIPE No Cook Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie (lactose free, vegan)

OK, I'll participate in this type of posting.

I'm lactose intolerant so I always look for recipes that I can modify. My nephew is also vegan, so I came up with this pie years ago to bring to our family Thanksgiving dinners every year (though not this year).

2 tubs organic Tofutti cream cheese (yellow cover, not blue)
    1 can 16 oz organic pumpkin pie filling (Whole Foods)
    1 large ready made graham cracker pie crust (Keebler)
    1 package candied pecans for topping

Thoroughly mix together cream cheese and pumpkin pie filling until smooth
    Pour into pie crust
    Place candied pecans all around the top in a decorative way
    Refrigerate over night.
    Serve with soy whipped cream

I thought I had an old picture of one, but it looks like not. When I make the pie soon, I'll take a photo and upload it.
    Last edited by kohanmike; Yesterday at 09:41 PM.

That sounds good. Reminds me of the Pumpkin Cheesecake I will be making for Thanksgiving. Can we substitute real cream cheese and get the same result?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike $ View Post
    That sounds good. Reminds me of the Pumpkin Cheesecake I will be making for Thanksgiving. Can we substitute real cream cheese and get the same result?
    Of course, and real whipped cream. i hesitated to call mine cheesecake because there are no eggs in the mixture and it's not baked.

This looks tasty and delicious, thank you!

Thanks Mike!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

We actually made this! I can't wait to taste it. We did omit the tofu, and baked it. We don't eat tofu. Yeck. LOL
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    We actually made this! I can't wait to taste it. We did omit the tofu, and baked it. We don't eat tofu. Yeck. LOL
    You give tofu a great disservice, especially when it's used as a substitute for milk. When I serve tofu cream cheese straight, everyone thinks it's milk based cream cheese. Milk is the great culprit for ulcerative colitis, though the drug companies and medical establishment will not admit it because they make so much money treating symptoms, not the real problem.

My identical twin brother had severe colitis for years, and I had a mild case. When I stopped eating all milk products, my symptoms went away, I told my brother and within a week all his problems went away. His doctor was charging him $500 every 6 months to run tests, and he spent hundreds of dollars a year for drugs. That was about 30 years ago and we never had a problem since. In fact, I'm sure of that because the rare time I do injest milk inadvertently, my symptoms are back.

Thread Information