::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

You don't want a place like this.

5.5 baths is a royal pain in the rear to keep clean. If you don't use them you end up with mineral rings in the toilets that mess up the finish. If you use them to keep the rings from forming, then you are cleaning them all the time.

Then you have to clean that 6,116 sq ft, which means you have zero time left to do anything fun.

Which causes your spouse to get really upset with you and stop talking to you.

After a few years you find out that your spouse left you, but you don't know when because the house is so big that when you both stopped talking you also avoided each other and never saw each other.

And then you realize that Arizona is a desert. And it's hot. And it lacks water. And it's hot. So you get a vacation home somewhere else in order to escape the summer heat in Arizona.

When you arrive at this vacation home for your 3-4 month stay you realize that you have to replace all the toilets because the finish in the bowls has been ruined with mineral rings from not being used.

So you contact a plumber to do the job, and they charge you 3x the price because you are a rich second home owner from out of town.

You finish your summer escape from Arizona only to find that when you return you have to replace 5.5 toilets becasue they all have mineral rings from not being used.

Your house isn't as bad as you think.

But the price of my tiny home is ridiculous

Another ho hum day. Gray skies and a little above average temperature.
It's always nice to see the sunshine when it decides to show.
They say a little snow tomorrow, perhaps two inches. We have had very little so far.

Bitter cold here, couldn't get the dog to come in last night. She'd run away every time I tried to get her in (at 10:30, 12:30, 4:30). She finally came in for Tookta about 6:30. Crazy dog loves the cold. She knew I was pissed at her this morning for running off.

Another ho hum day. Gray skies and a little above average temperature.
It's always nice to see the sunshine when it decides to show.
They say a little snow tomorrow, perhaps two inches. We have had very little so far.

The forecast seems to change hourly, 6 inches, then maybe an inch, then 4 to 8 inches. Guess we will find out when and if it happens.

But the price of my tiny home is ridiculous

To follow up on this. My district is projecting an exodus of students in the next few years. Families are flooding to the area where I grew up because the schools are decent and they can save 1M-2M on houses. My dad's house appraises at 1.7M right now. The houses that feed into my school are said to range between 2M (for an Eichler)- 3.7M. My parent's house is about 1,400 Sq. Ft. so in my school neighborhood it would probably go for closer to the 3M range.

I'm hoping that is a sign that things will get more normal around here. I want to remodel but if things are booming, the contractors are charging top dollar.

Oh, and my parent's bought their place in 1971 for 29K.

Sally and Soo, if I'm having tightness just below the hamstring muscle, should I be stretching the muscle or looking for stretches that work the tendons? Does that even make sense?

Kind of weird.

I just found out one of my students is Amish. They only have a computer for school and he has no phone. They don't own a car but they do take public transit.

I asked him how they could live "Amish" in the Silicon Valley and he said they make a lot of concessions to their rules and beliefs for the ability to support family back home.

I have a ton of questions for him but I didn't want to make him feel awkward.

The forecast seems to change hourly, 6 inches, then maybe an inch, then 4 to 8 inches. Guess we will find out when and if it happens.

We are on the top edge of the system. About two inches here. Your in the thick of it down there. It's coming across from St. Lewis.

RL Kid birthday trip back to Kansas City planned for next week. Thoughts of flying when TSA, FAA Inspectors, and Air Traffic Controllers aren't getting paid has Management thinking seriously of driving instead. I just do what I'm told, but sheesh!

RL Kid birthday trip back to Kansas City planned for next week. Thoughts of flying when TSA, FAA Inspectors, and Air Traffic Controllers aren't getting paid has Management thinking seriously of driving instead. I just do what I'm told, but sheesh!

I'm worried that I can't send any orders overseas and that my CITES certificates will expire and I can't get more. Are we great again, yet?

Kind of weird.

I just found out one of my students is Amish. They only have a computer for school and he has no phone. They don't own a car but they do take public transit.

I asked him how they could live "Amish" in the Silicon Valley and he said they make a lot of concessions to their rules and beliefs for the ability to support family back home.

I have a ton of questions for him but I didn't want to make him feel awkward.

Does he dress Amish?

I really wish I would have had the foresight to buy a house in Bloomington when I first moved there in the late 80's. I could have bought a house for $40K and sold it today for $250K.

Does he dress Amish?

No, I had no idea until he told me he couldn't do a project because his dad was out of town with their only computer. I had to check out a Chromebook for him to take home. The benefits of working in a wealthy district..

No, I had no idea until he told me he couldn't do a project because his dad was out of town with their only computer. I had to check out a Chromebook for him to take home. The benefits of working in a wealthy district..

and your sure he's not messing with you? (I told Mr Yoshida I was Amish)

With Shirley still on the mend I don't know about me either.
The room and tickets are paid for already. Lynn is in charge of that part.
We still have a couple of weeks, but it won't be long.

Is there anyone that can check in with her everyday? It would be a shame to miss it. And maybe a little break from each other might be good?

and your sure he's not messing with you? (I told Mr Yoshida I was Amish)

Makes sense with some of the other stuff he's said since the start of school. I remember a kid offering his cell phone to call home and he said "I can't but thanks."

Top Bottom