::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

B V-B and family spent some good time with us this afternoon. Seems to still be on an upward track. His Lady was polite. My grandson is wonderful. I was the first to coax a smile. I got to hold him too.

Mrs Pere is emotionally full with the joy of seeing her son and grandson. Good day.

Sounds great. Glad things are being positive....

My wife flies to Texas tomorrow, and then she and her sister will drive to Louisiana for a few days. They have an elderly aunt and uncle there, who aren't doing very well. They fear this may be their last chance to see them again.

This leaves me in bachelor status until Sunday....

I saw the moon last night, partway through the eclipse. It was very cool, but hard for me to view. The moon was very high in the sky, almost exactly overhead, and my neck won't bend that much anymore after the surgery. I would almost have had to lay down on the ground to see it well, and that would have presented its own problems.

I considered the use of a mirror, but I don't think we have one here. Ah, the golden years....;)

I got a terrible case of food poisoning, years ago, from eating blue crabs, brought to Denver from Oregon by a friend's parents. We had a crab feast the first day and all was just fine. Then our friend called us to come back again the next day to help finish the crabs, because "they weren't going to keep".

They tasted fine the second day, but I was violently ill before bedtime. I was sick for several days. I don't know if others got sick, or not. I do know that I haven't been able to bring myself to eat crab again, since....

We're home in apparent good order. RL Kid gave us some behaviors in Phoenix airport however.

17° when we dropped off the rental car; 65° in Phoenix on arrival. Got home carrying 2 jackets and 2 sweatshirts; 1 each for me and RL Kid. Immediately changed into shorts and slippahs.

I got a terrible case of food poisoning, years ago, from eating blue crabs, brought to Denver from Oregon by a friend's parents. We had a crab feast the first day and all was just fine. Then our friend called us to come back again the next day to help finish the crabs, because "they weren't going to keep".

They tasted fine the second day, but I was violently ill before bedtime. I was sick for several days. I don't know if others got sick, or not. I do know that I haven't been able to bring myself to eat crab again, since....

Yeah - those crabs must've been pretty old by the time they reached you. We don't have blue crabs on the Oregon coast. Dungeness or red rock (though Dungeness are the only ones that are available commercially). So the blue crabs must've gone from the East coast to Oregon to you in Denver. Blecch.

Yeah - those crabs must've been pretty old by the time they reached you. We don't have blue crabs on the Oregon coast. Dungeness or red rock (though Dungeness are the only ones that are available commercially). So the blue crabs must've gone from the East coast to Oregon to you in Denver. Blecch.

My thoughts exactly.

James and I had an awesome day yesterday.

When I was a kid my great-uncle brought me to a Globetrotters game and we had floor seats. It's one of my fondest memories so I wanted James to have the same experience. so when his basketball schedule came out and he had a bye when the Globetrotters were in town I bought court side seats, second row. I knew it wouldn't be exactly the same because the original trotters were so famous and they were on TV every year. I didn't know who any of these guys were except for the coach "Sweet" Lou Dunbar (one of the original Trotters).

It was awesome! They do the same old routines so it was nostalgic for me. James got to go on the court and meet the players, he got to shoot around a little, spin the ball on his finger and we were close enough to the court that the players would come by and interact with us often.

"THIS IS THE BEST JAMES AND PAPA DAY EVER!!!" made it worth every penny.

I wonder if I've mis-remembered the variety of crab. I know her parents caught them in Oregon....

James and I had an awesome day yesterday.

When I was a kid my great-uncle brought me to a Globetrotters game and we had floor seats. It's one of my fondest memories so I wanted James to have the same experience. so when his basketball schedule came out and he had a bye when the Globetrotters were in town I bought court side seats, second row. I knew it wouldn't be exactly the same because the original trotters were so famous and they were on TV every year. I didn't know who any of these guys were except for the coach "Sweet" Lou Dunbar (one of the original Trotters).

It was awesome! They do the same old routines so it was nostalgic for me. James got to go on the court and meet the players, he got to shoot around a little, spin the ball on his finger and we were close enough to the court that the players would come by and interact with us often.

"THIS IS THE BEST JAMES AND PAPA DAY EVER!!!" made it worth every penny.

Sounds like a great day! It's so cool that you do these things with your son. I can't remember ever doing anything with my dad. James is a lucky kid....

Top Bottom