::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Sometimes it's for a person that is not with them on this trip. If that's the case then they shouldn't be using it on that trip. But then sometimes people have good days and then some not so good. We had one for maybe six weeks. It ran out. Now if Shirley is having a bad day I'll drop her off at the door and then go park the car. Many times it's bad enough that she is not with me.

I see a lot of that, young white trash folks presumably using grandma's tag.

We (I think Gary is in this we as well) were having a discussion about lack of good Mexican in Hawaii and why, it is a mystery...

I think I got my finger on the pulse of this issue last night at the market.

The checker was entering produce of the customer ahead of me in line. He holds up a produce bag, and asks the customer, "What kind of peppers are these?"
The customer thinks, draws a blank, reaches into his pocket, pulls out his lists, scans it, and replies "jalapenos"
He pronounced the J like Japan.

So, if people purchasing peppers and the guy working in the store don't even know what jalapenos are, it becomes much more clear why these people cannot cook Mexican food.

Dang! Someone needs to get on that. I watched a video the other day about why there are Chinese restaurants everywhere, pretty interesting.

Be sure to talk to Andy or Seeso. A second account is frowned upon.

Well when I click "lost password" it never emails me anything, so the old one is defunct. They can delete it if they like.

I LOVE sushi. In fact when I was a sushi chef I ate sushi every day for 12 years.

Now James has discovered sushi and declared maguro nigiri to be the best food on earth. The problem is that quality sushi is expensive. Really expensive. For his birthday dinner he wanted to go to Sansei sushi which was downstairs at the Marriot where we were staying. We had just flown in and we were exhausted so it seemed like a good idea.

That kid ate 8 orders and he also wanted to try the eel roll.

His bill alone was about $90.00

Yesterday I made the mistake of telling him he could pick dinner. I actually forgot he was on this sushi kick. So yeah, he picked sushi. But instead of going out, I asked my FIL to cook some rice (their place has a kitchen) and I took James shopping. We bought the stuff to make the rice and then we went to Tamashiro's Fish Market to pick out some fish and I showed him how to make sushi. "Hey papa, you do that like a real chef!"

We had a pretty fun and tasty evening.
Eel rolls in Hawaii is why I can't take your pay scale complaints seriously. lol

Chinese food in Indy (actually Plainfield) remains the WORST Chinese we ever ate.

Watching morning news while catching up.

They are trying to catch a fugitive that killed a cop a few days ago.

It's an island. How hard can it be to catch one guy? Especially with a reward on his capture. You'd think someone would give him up to collect the 30K

I hope they catch him soon.

In Battle Creek there have been 3 kidnapping attempts this week. That's where spouse works, about 35 min east of us.

Guy at work saw my busted phone yesterday, I told him my story, he is going to let me borrow, or possibly purchase for cheap, his Pixel he does not use anymore because he got a new iPhone.

All caught up.

The doc didn't call last night. Not sure if that means anything? I must not be dying.

Went to the fair last night and rode a hot air balloon. My friends' band was playing, so that was delightful. I got to be the obnoxious #1 fan who cheers after every solo.

Did a ton of walking. Doc wasn't enthusiastic about use of an ankle brace with an achilles strain but for that amount of mileage the brace really keep me together. When I got home, it was my *other* foot that was aching!

Rage report:

Nothing today
Uke club Saturday, and 530 Mass at St Cat's. (Long story)
Sunday church picnic for my workchurch. I'm in charge of the games. Hope the rain holds off.

Today's my dad's birthday, so he's supposed to call me about having dinner this weekend.

Is it just me, or is the handicapped driver tag thing kind of out of control? Seems like 4 out of 5 times I see the people walking to and from their car with no apparent medical issue.
They could have a heart problem. Something else. But I do also know some people abuse the system, too. I can walk so it doesn’t bother me too much. Lugging grocery carts across a snowy, icy parking lot when it’s 30 below zero? That’s different.

Ooooh, thanks for the tip. I think that shirt was $105.00 and that's why I didn't grab it. Hard to pay that much when you can go to Walmart and get decent aloha shirts for under $20.00

They have crazy sales there periodically, and also a clearance rack in the back where you can get big shirts for like $45.

Eel rolls in Hawaii is why I can't take your pay scale complaints seriously. lol

Yeah, we're rolling a little over budget this trip. I'm probably paid one of the highest salaries for teaching in the country but like I said before, that pay is only 3K above the poverty line for the area I teach in.

We live on my salary and vacation/James' activities on Mika's.

Top Bottom