::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

A friend at the boarding school had a killer shortwave receiver. We spent hours late at night listening to all kinds of groovy stuff from around the planet.
Listening to the first Columbia launch on NASA radio is an especially vivid memory.

My next door neighbor is a ham. He has asked us if he can string an antenna from our stub of a cedar tree (tree died - there's a 20ish foot stump left). Not sure what size of antenna he's planning for that, but it'll be a big one.

Just another Friday night in Honolulu.
M2t6coB.jpg

I like the perspective that makes you look taller than Gary.

I'm sorry that I haven't been around, but life has thrown me a curve ball.

I'm posting from my hospital bed in Lakeland, Florida, where I've been since Thursday. It's been crazy. I'll try to make a long story short.

After multiple x-rays, CTs, MRIs, ultrasounds and exams, the unconfirmed consensus is that I have lymphoma. More tests over the weekend, including bone scans, brain MRI and chest CT, and then a CT guided biopsy on Monday.

Hopefully, pathology will come back Tuesday with a confirmed diagnosis. Then I'll do bone marrow samples, have a chest port put in place, and start six months of chemo and radiation treatments.

I'm doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.

Oops. Gotta go for another test. I-'ll check back later....

s**, Don. This is NOT okay. Healing to you, my friend. Take care of yourself, do what the doctors tell you, and GET BETTER.

Yes, I have my Kindle, and the WiFi at the hospital seems pretty good.

I had my chest CT a couple of hours ago. I was hoping to get the brain MRI in today, also, but that isn't looking good, now. That department only runs from 7am until 7pm on weekends. I'm a little stressed about fitting it in tomorrow. I also need a bone scan tomorrow, down at nuclear medicine. I really want these last tests done before Monday's biopsy.

Sorry to stress out on you guys. We just have a bunch going on....

Don't be silly! Stressing us out is nothing - we're friends and we love you and are concerned about you. Please don't hesitate to keep us updated.

Had trouble this afternoon with the Percocet I was being given for the pain. For whatever reason, today it didn't work. After some communication delays with the doctor and the hospital pharmacy, I just got a dose of IV Fentanyl.

Now we're talkin'....

I expect Don's posts to start being pretty incoherent - but entertaining - very quickly.

It's about 20° cooler today than it has been. I got out and mowed the front lawn. Taking a break then on to the back.

Backyard done. The weeds are whipped. The rainlocker has been utilized. Starting to think about lunch.

I see that I used the wrong brake earlier. Fixed the quote.

Backyard done. The weeds are whipped. The rainlocker has been utilized. Starting to think about lunch.

I see that I used the wrong brake earlier. Fixed the quote.

You’ve mowed both your lawns and I’m just crawling out of bed.

I like my morning choices better.

Hi.

(need more letters. On the screen, not by mail. Though letters by mail wouldn't be bad. C/O "The Bunker".)

I was summoned for jury duty for tomorrow morning. Phone call told me the case was settled. No appearance needed. That's twice. We'll see next time.

Top Bottom