::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It looks like we are going to have sunshine today. High in the low 40s though.
So ya can't have everything. At least not yet.

I get home from work and the dogs are extra spazzy today. Callie wants to play. Cinder wants to snuggle. Cinder is telling Callie to eff off so she can get her snuggle on with me. This is the 12 lb rat terrier barking, growling, and baring her teeth to a 70 lb dog who could eat her if she so chose.

Last edited:
That didn’t take long. The yahoos want manual lymph drainage work to aid in their “detox”. SMDH! I tried to explain the work is for people who have severe swelling from an injury or surgery, or they have compromised lymph systems. One of the client still wants it. Ethically I don’t feel right about it. I made a comprise to include some of the node clearing out work during a regular massage session. It won’t hurt her at all, but it’s really not doing anything when her lymph system is working just fine on it’s own. Hopefully I can talk a friend, who thinks she “so needs it”, out of it. She’s a massage therapist too, so if she just wants to experience it to know more about it, I’m cool with that.

Dealing with all the detox myths is one of the things I hate about this profession. It doesn’t help that there’s a so many of my colleagues spreading that manure around.

I’m having pain in my coccyx area. It’s not bad. More annoying than anything else. Still, I should probably do something about it before it gets worse.

Bry has decided she will attend the local high school instead of the arts magnate school next year. Sean and I are happy about her decision. We haven’t been too impressed with ACMA.

Hillsboro had a St. Patty’s parade today. It’s a small town with an appropriately sized parade budget. The parade was mounted sheriffs and people in cars tossing candy to the kids.

I suspect there are college athletes that rarely see the inside of a classroom. I think many degrees are given away in exchange for four years on a football field, rather than earned academically....

. . . and by the same token there are many athletes that turn that opportunity into an education. I was surprised by the number of athletes that go back after their careers are over because of a promise to a loved one. The percentage wasn't high by any means, but much higher than I would have thought.

Dealing with all the detox myths is one of the things I hate about this profession. It doesn’t help that there’s a so many of my colleagues spreading that manure around.

I HATE the word “detox” in association with massage. When people use it I’m way too eager to set them straight.

Top Bottom