::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Corned beef and cabbage coming out of the crock pot in a half hour.
Can't wait!
Been smelling it all day.

Bobby Curtis!!! Say it isn't so!!

Dateline: London
"After finishing in 42nd place in 2:21:22 in the 2017 World Championships marathon, Hanson-Brooks runner Bobby Curtis announced that he will retire by the end of the year and the World Champs would be the last marathon of his career."

I missed you Spots, hope you are doing well?

"New" Job started two weeks ago... It's the same as my job before my previous one... Field tech. Just in a new location. I was basically told "Your current job is written out of the contract but we can move you here and keep you at your current pay, how does that sound" AKA Here, you are lucky you still have a job... It's not horrible, I just loved being an SA...

No doubt, this guy framed it as the "next step on his journey" and vaguely eluded to alcoholism. I don't know if he even works.
There were some local high school kids trying to do an exchange program lately and 3 out of 4 had set up donations for themselves, which I think is fine. I looked at the two going to Mexico, one had a $500 goal the other $1000 goal. I gave $20 to the $500 girl.
The second half of my pet peeve on this is the "zen" thing, from my experience, any Zen thing in California or other parts of the US involves white people who want to portray themselves as Buddhist, but really don't want to seriously study Buddhism.

He should get on the monastery route. They basically have to house and feed you for free, from what I understand.

Hillsboro had a St. Patty’s parade today. It’s a small town with an appropriately sized parade budget. The parade was mounted sheriffs and people in cars tossing candy to the kids.

Interesting. I knew nothing of it. I try to avoid parades like the plague, though. I went to the Hillsboro 4th of July parade last year because Emma was marching in it with the Century colorguard. I found a nice quiet street corner at the beginning of the route - best parade experience I've ever had.

Put my corned beef and onions in the crockpot this morning and we spent the day at the Korean Day Spa. I got scrubbed this time. Felt great. Came home to my house smelling wonderful. Poured the juice off the meat into a stockpot to cook the veggies. Just waiting a bit for the rest of the family to arrive.

We do shepherd's pie and soda bread (among other things) for our St. Patrick's day dinner. I can't convince the family to have corned beef, but the shepherd's pie is exquisite. The recipe includes a full bottle of Guinness.

"New" Job started two weeks ago... It's the same as my job before my previous one... Field tech. Just in a new location. I was basically told "Your current job is written out of the contract but we can move you here and keep you at your current pay, how does that sound" AKA Here, you are lucky you still have a job... It's not horrible, I just loved being an SA...

Glad you are still employed. They offered you a position, others weren’t so lucky. You are an asset obviously. Congrats Andy.

Top Bottom