::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We do shepherd's pie and soda bread (among other things) for our St. Patrick's day dinner. I can't convince the family to have corned beef, but the shepherd's pie is exquisite. The recipe includes a full bottle of Guinness.

Corned beef, it’s one dish I do right. I just follow what my mom did. Boil the hell out of it. It’s hard to mess up.

I investigated how to do subscripts and superscripts on this machine. Along with some symbols. You need to go to a unicode mode. (Control Shift U) and then the code. It seems quite involved for what you get. But you can do it.

As an example:
Degree symbol is CTRL+SHIFT+U and then 00B0 (°)
That code is zero zero B zero.

These are characters I don't have on my keyboard.

I never even heard of this stuff before.

More techy than me.

My guess is that (although they are wealthy) they are not wealthy enough to make a multi-million dollar donation for a new wing at the school - ala the Presidential Son-In-Law. So they took the other road and just spent tens of thousands of dollars on their undeserving kin. Cheapskates.

I think they're rich, not wealthy. It's new money.

I'm procrastinating talking to someone at work. I desperately don't want to deal with him. Nice guy, but Good Lord, he is a fount of business speak and that drives me insane. I can't put it off much longer - he's in Atlanta, so his day is wrapping up and it's not something I can get out of.

Not trying to take the piss, but is it "fount of __" or "font of ___"? I've heard it both ways.

Not trying to take the piss, but is it "fount of __" or "font of ___"? I've heard it both ways.

Don't know. I said fount as a flowing thing. When I think of font, I think of a baptismal font which is still water. That was my reasoning.

Speaking of flowing things, I'm about to flow on down to Mexico on the CheeMaisel Cruise.

Top Bottom