::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Happy Thanksgiving,
attachment.php
s!

Attachments

• FB2B0CDB-17FD-4217-BEB9-265750D14F9A.jpg
    FB2B0CDB-17FD-4217-BEB9-265750D14F9A.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 17
Sean is cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year. I am sequestering myself in my room for the time being for the sake of marital harmony. I am tempted to point out where stuff is as he’s hunting for it, which I do not think would be appreciated.

Bonus: It gives me time to poho.

I find the grooves in the forearm are related to pressure - try relaxing a bit.
I find you don't need to hold your fretting hand nor your forearm as tight as you think. Plus the sound will.project more if you ease up on the soundboard.
Don't relax too much without a strap though!
:D

Happy Thanksgiving!

That being said I have played some ukuleles with fancy arm bevels and I really like those.

Nanilei and I are sitting in bed watching the parade on TV.
I made breakfast, Portuguese sausage, eggs, and rice.
Nanilei just needs to make her stuffing and crisp the struesel topping on her sweet potato casserole.
I made pumpkin pie last night.
Then we are heading up to BIL's place on the North Shore.
Work tomorrow, but will likely be a mellow day and no traffic, so not too bad.

I find the grooves in the forearm are related to pressure - try relaxing a bit.
I find you don't need to hold your fretting hand nor your forearm as tight as you think. Plus the sound will.project more if you ease up on the soundboard.
Don't relax too much without a strap though!
:D

Happy Thanksgiving!

+1

Personally I prefer straps, then no issues with holding it up and worrying about applying too much or too little pressure.

Nanilei and I are sitting in bed watching the parade on TV.
I made breakfast, Portuguese sausage, eggs, and rice.
Nanilei just needs to make her stuffing and crisp the struesel topping on her sweet potato casserole.
I made pumpkin pie last night.
Then we are heading up to BIL's place on the North Shore.
Work tomorrow, but will likely be a mellow day and no traffic, so not too bad.

Sounds lovely!

I don’t hear Sean rummaging through cabinets anymore, so I’m going to head back downstairs. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

I've been practicing Lei Ana Kauai just now.
Looked at my right forearm.
Two grooves :)
I guess I never really looked there before.
I did make a conscious effort to reduce both my fretting hand pressure (fatigue) and my forearm pressure (sound) which I think has made a noticeable difference in my playing (grooves be damned!)

I really really like this song.
I don't have nearly as many jazzy changes as the recording I like, by Hoku Zuttermeister, but I definitely have more than the three or four chords most Hawaiian songs use. I even have a few slide-up changes, like from D to D# then E7 which I am digging and kind of just threw in without thinking.
It is cool that I am *finally* being able to figure out my own arrangements by listening, only took 40 years hahaha.

I like anolon. I think Bed Bath and Beyond carries that brand, or it’s their brand.

I've seen it for sale at Macy's. Getting it from Amazon. I'm sick - caught a cold from Sheryl who caught it from Annie who caught it from Emma. So the weekend turkey may move to another weekend.

I've seen it for sale at Macy's. Getting it from Amazon. I'm sick - caught a cold from Sheryl who caught it from Annie who caught it from Emma. So the weekend turkey may move to another weekend.

That sucks! Hope you and yo family feel better soon, Jon.

We don’t do parade or football, so I’m using this time to get some long overdue reorganizing and cleaning done.

Top Bottom