Page 2099 of 2248 FirstFirst ... 1099159919992049208920972098209921002101210921492199 ... LastLast
Results 20,981 to 20,990 of 22480

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I am really sick of picking cherry tomatoes, we've frozen bags and bags of them already. Same with Thai chilis, oodles! I planted some flat white Boer pumpkins this year, looks like they will be productive. Watermelons are already harvested, corn is long gone. My biggest success this year is papayas, I managed to grow papayas and get them to fruit in Indiana!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    I am really sick of picking cherry tomatoes, we've frozen bags and bags of them already. Same with Thai chilis, oodles! I planted some flat white Boer pumpkins this year, looks like they will be productive. Watermelons are already harvested, corn is long gone. My biggest success this year is papayas, I managed to grow papayas and get them to fruit in Indiana!
    That is amazing. Is it in your greenhouse or outside?
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

I want a mango tree. I love mangoes but every year I forget to buy one of those mango shoots to plant and I haven't bothered to look for one at a nursery.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

good morning hos

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    That is amazing. Is it in your greenhouse or outside?
    Greenhouse, our outside garden is an overgrown mess.

I know Gary Yoshida.

My classes are doing the "stranded" activity as a precursor to Lord of the Flies.

Pretty interesting to observe the different dynamics of each class. My first period class would die before the end of the week. This class is the opposite. They immediately agreed on a leader and while there are some little side conversations going on, he has the majority of the class engaged and participating.

I've noticed over the years that when a female takes the leadership role there is always a group of boys that splinter off (usually and stereotypically it's the "jocks") and while they might not openly oppose the leadership they make it difficult to lead by yelling out stupid comments and kind of commandeer the attention to themselves.

Passionately Untalented

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I want a mango tree. I love mangoes but every year I forget to buy one of those mango shoots to plant and I haven't bothered to look for one at a nursery.
    Try planting a seed or two. I've sprouted all sorts of weird stuff from seed, jack fruit, avocados, custard apple, citrus.

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    My classes are doing the "stranded" activity as a precursor to Lord of the Flies.

Pretty interesting to observe the different dynamics of each class. My first period class would die before the end of the week. This class is the opposite. They immediately agreed on a leader and while there are some little side conversations going on, he has the majority of the class engaged and participating.

I've noticed over the years that when a female takes the leadership role there is always a group of boys that splinter off (usually and stereotypically it's the "jocks") and while they might not openly oppose the leadership they make it difficult to lead by yelling out stupid comments and kind of commandeer the attention to themselves.
    Fascinating, got to wonder how the home dynamics come into play.

I know Gary Yoshida.

Greenhouse, our outside garden is an overgrown mess.

That's why you have a tractor!

My great uncles used to plant daikon radish and burdock (gobo in Japanese) and harvest it with a tractor instead of digging them up. I used to think that was awesome when I was a kid.

You know what's crazy to me? I was driving tractors when I was ten (as soon as I was old/heavy enough to depress the clutch). I used to drive into town (12 miles each way) for groceries when I was 12. I look at James at 12 and he can barely cook himself a grilled cheese sandwich. I knew how to do so many things when I was his age because I grew up on orchards. He can barely ride a bike. I always wonder what affect that will have on his life in the long run?

I'm guessing it will be pretty much the same but just different circumstances. He doesn't need to know how to do most all of the stuff I learned. Different times, different skills.

Passionately Untalented

Try planting a seed or two. I've sprouted all sorts of weird stuff from seed, jack fruit, avocados, custard apple, citrus.
    I think I'll give it a try. There's probably a YouTube on how to grow a mango from seed. Those videos and the ones for sewing fascinate me for some reason.

Passionately Untalented

Thread Information