::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Starting to look like no sleep, yet again.

The steroids are gone, now, as of dinner time, so maybe I'll be able to sleep tomorrow....

My daughter did some work on my devices for me today. She installed a free trial of xm radio on my truck and on my kindle. Now I can actually listen to some decent music to and from Tampa, and while cooped up in the hospital there.

She also showed me how to clean up my home page on my Kindle, which was really annoying me. I learned that some unwanted stuff can be removed by tapping and holding, until the option appears to remove altogether. Yay!

Other unneeded stuff there can be all dumped in a folder, effectively removing them from the desktop. They are still there, but highly compacted into the folder the size of one icon. Yay!!

Things are shaping up nicely, thank you.

The remaining icons, the ones I'll keep, have been rearranged into an order I prefer. I find that all I need to do is tap and hold, drag and drop to put each icon where I wanted it. Now I have all my icons on one page, with the ones I want to use the most concentrated at the top of the page.

It's a miracle, I tell ya....

Sarah goes home tomorrow, and I will really miss her. Even when we visit them at their house, it just isn't like this.

There, she is the ever-busy teacher, wife and mother of two teenagers, with seldom a moment to spare.

Here, she has no one to focus on but me, and I'm very selfishly loving every minute of it.

How I love her! She was the very first blood relative I had ever known. Now that she has kids of her own, there are three of them I can point to and know that my genes run through their bodies....

Please let the morning just come. Let me just get up again and start my daily routine once more. Please don't make me sit here in the dark, yet again, sitting and staring into the dark thinking about things I can't control.

I'll get up, really I will. Just don't make me sit here, rocking and staring into the dark....

Played some fun games with friends over the past two days. Screw your Neighbor, Farkle, Coda, and LCR.

We had a great time both nights. Now we know of some new games we want to go out and buy....

Please let the morning just come. Let me just get up again and start my daily routine once more. Please don't make me sit here in the dark, yet again, sitting and staring into the dark thinking about things I can't control.

I'll get up, really I will. Just don't make me sit here, rocking and staring into the dark....
We’re here for you Don. I can’t imagine how hard this must be.

I shall tell you about my day.

Mike and I started off the day with an appointment at our tax guy. The state of California has messed up and we have yet to see our state tax return. Hopefully that will get straightened out soon.
After that we were off to a trip at Walmart to buy work boots for his new job. Picked out a pair of Brahms brand. They were listed for $84 but rang up $34. That was a win.
Then we went to Norms. That’s a chain restaurant out here. They serve large amounts of food for very reasonable prices, you’d love the place, lots of comfort food. I went off my diet and ordered chicken and waffles, it was served with sirracha syrup that was really good.
Then we went to Lowes (are they nationwide? like Home Depot) and he picked out a tool backpack. When working of high rise buildings you don’t want to have to transport a toolcase upstairs so a backpack built to hold tools works best.
Then we were off to Savers. (That’s a second hand store.) He wanted to find a lightweight but warm jacket for when he’s on a windy roof. He totally scored finding a beautiful North Face jacket for $40. It looks brand new, no wear on the collar or cuffs, and it fit him perfectly. I looked it up when we got home and it retails for $150.
After that we headed home. He played in his shop for hours packing his new backpack. Me and the dogs crashed on the couch and watched several episodes of a Scottish show I’ve been watching lately. It’s about a small village on an island and the cop that patrols it.
Penny came over this evening to do laundry. I think Katie may join us to watch Saturday Night Live.

Screw your Neighbor, Farkle, and LCR would each be a hoot with a table full of players....maybe 10 to 12....

I’ve not heard of any of those games.

One of my family’s favorite card games to play is called Skipbo. I learned about it from an old client back when I was doing home care with seniors.

I hope you’re able to get some rest. I don’t see your name on the page so hopefully you’re sleeping.

I am so very happy your daughter was able to see you and spend some time with you.

I’ve not heard of any of those games.

One of my family’s favorite card games to play is called Skipbo. I learned about it from an old client back when I was doing home care with seniors.

Look these up and try them. You'll like them!! Cheap, easy to learn, easy and fast to play. You can play for quarters, if you want, and no one would get hurt....

Screw your Neighbor, Farkle, and LCR would each be a hoot with a table full of players....maybe 10 to 12....

We are big fans of LRC.
We have had some epic matches with large groups.
We have also played with $5 bills and that gets pretty exciting!

Don I am so glad you had a nice visit.
I cannot imagine what you must go through in your head when there is no one to talk to in the middle of the night.

Stay strong, and continued PoHoMoJo for the next phase of your treatment.

Hi Don! I hope you're getting some sleep...fingers crossed.

I'll share my day with you, too:

Emma is in her high school marching band with the colorguard (flags/dance). She's only in middle school but has been joining the high school colorguard since she was in 6th grade, though this is her first year joining them full time. Today was the Century Showcase (she will be going to Century High School). This is an invitational marching band competition that her school hosts every year. As the hosts they don't compete, but they do present the final performance at both the preliminaries and finals while the judges are tallying the scores for the competitors.

This year's show has a special surprise - I'll link the video here so you can see it for yourself. Emma is the front left flag person at the start of the show - you'll have to track her throughout yourself if you can (you probably can't - this video is high up and it's hard to follow individuals) - she mostly stays to the left side, though she does go center field at some point.

https://youtu.be/be40a-4vMzA

She left home at 6:30 this morning and got home about 10:30 this evening. She is one tired kid, but very very happy!

Sheryl worked the concessions stand at the stadium for most of the afternoon, leaving me and Annie to entertain ourselves. We cleaned her fishtank (yay?), went the to the pet store and got fish food and two snails for the tank, and then came home, had lunch, and decided to make salsa verde using tomatillos she grew herself in the garden this year. Annie did most of the work, though I roasted jalapeno and the tomatillos for her. It is, by far, the best green salsa I have EVER had. She did a fantastic job. Very proud of her!

Other than that...not much else going on. Isn't that enough! It was a busy Saturday!

Hey, Hos!

So, BrotherDon, I hear you ain't been sleeping... That sucks. I remember it well. Sorry you're going through this nonsense.

Life has been hectic and is now slowing down, which brings it's own set of headaches.
The upside is that Christine and I did a rough budget rundown for the winter and for bare minimum of happy life (i.e. bills and rent paid, food on the table and the occasional night out) I only have to get one night a week in the winter... which sounds luxurious, but sadly, any more than two is going to be impossible to find. But we're really happy that we were able to pay our outstanding debts off pretty well this summer and can relax a LITTLE bit this winter. In the meantime, I'm gonna get to work on new projects, I'm setting up a video-ing rig, as well as a podcasting rig, so those might come to something, and I have a band now, doing one night a week running an open mic jam, but we're planning on much much more.

But the exciting news is that, a week ago, we finished a run of Mamma Mia, where I very luckily got to play Harry!

I've linked the rest of the videos below... hope you can watch them!

When you see the finale outfit, you might be grateful for the insomnia! It'll save you from the Lycra and Spandex-induced nightmares! :D

Top Bottom