Page 2481 of 2578 FirstFirst ... 148119812381243124712479248024812482248324912531 ... LastLast
Results 24,801 to 24,810 of 25774

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Wow - I just found a paper I co-authored in 1999 archived at the National Institutes of Health. I'm fancy!
    There's a site that will ping you every time something you wrote is used or referenced in someone else's paper.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    There's a site that will ping you every time something you wrote is used or referenced in someone else's paper.
    Well...according to the NIH it has been referenced twice in 21 years. I guess I'll hold off on trying to find that site...
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Early in the fall B V-B was sent out of town to do his job. He was set up in a cheap motel in a bad part of town. Last Friday night he partied with the wrong people until he passed out. Then they broke his guitar and stole his car. The car was recovered about a day and a half later; they’d cut off the catalytic converter and stripped a fair portion of the interior trying to put in a sub-woofer. They also stole anything of value out of the car. B V-B was so gorked that he woke up in detox and was put on an emergency protective order admission.
    We got a call from his boss that he had OD-ed with little further info. A call to the police department brought us up to speed about him. We knew nothing of the car theft until later. I was at Phoenix airport about 2 hours after the phone call to give him support.
    The thieves had forged his name on the Title (he kept it in the glove box as one does (dumb ass)). That put the possession of the car in doubt. He was released on Monday and we finally got the car out of impound after dark on Tuesday because impound wouldn’t release it until he had insurance coverage. The police department just rolled their eyes about the lapsed registration and cut the car loose.
    Wednesday we drove my rental car to Omaha airport. Drove his car to Leavenworth and Ubered to Kansas City airport. Our Uber driver was a friend of his from PREschool. Small town.
    He has come to Phoenix for a couple of days to see our home, let his Mama hug and feed him, and take a goodbye look at his grandfather as he hovers between worlds. He still has his job and they’re pulling him back to the KC area where he has friends and support.
    I’m just glad that I have the freedom to be able to be able to back him up in a city where he knew no one.
    I used to say as an older parent that my boys kept me young. Not any more.

“Have kids,” they said. “It’ll be fun,” they said.
    Last edited by PereBourik; 01-09-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

Well enjoy the time. I remember the time I had to call my parents as I was in NC corrections getting ready to enter general pop for possession of lsd...it was not fun for me as I imagine for my parents. The longest was the wait as they drove 8 hours to retrieve me and drive me home because they thought I couldn't do it my self.

"And I play dress up every Sunday and try to make the case for an invisible friend" PereBourik

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Early in the fall B V-B was sent out of town to do his job. He was set up in a cheap motel in a bad part of town. Last Friday night he partied with the wrong people until he passed out. Then they broke his guitar and stole his car. The car was recovered about a day and a half later; they’d cut off the catalytic converter and stripped a fair portion of the interior trying to put in a sub-woofer. They also stole anything of value out of the car. B V-B was so gorked that he woke up in detox and was put on an emergency protective order admission.
    We got a call from his boss that he had OD-ed with little further info. A call to the police department brought us up to speed about him. We knew nothing of the car theft until later. I was at Phoenix airport about 2 hours after the phone call to give him support.
    The thieves had forged his name on the Title (he kept it in the glove box as one does (dumb ass)). That put the possession of the car in doubt. He was released on Monday and we finally got the car out of impound after dark on Tuesday because impound wouldn’t release it until he had insurance coverage. The police department just rolled their eyes about the lapsed registration and cut the car loose.
    Wednesday we drove my rental car to Omaha airport. Drove his car to Leavenworth and Ubered to Kansas City airport. Our Uber driver was a friend of his from PREschool. Small town.
    He has come to Phoenix for a couple of days to see our home, let his Mama hug and feed him, and take a goodbye look at his grandfather as he hovers between worlds. He still has his job and they’re pulling him back to the KC area where he has friends and support.
    I’m just glad that I have the freedom to be able to be able to back him up in a city where he knew no one.
    I used to say as an older parent that my boys kept me young. Not any more.

“Have kids,” they said. “It’ll be fun,” they said.
    Thank God for his employer - that could have gone even worse! And thank God for a dad who continues to support even when the prodigal is still hanging out with the pigs.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Going to see 1917.
    Will report in a few hours!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Oh Padre. I’m so glad he’ll keep his job. And I’m glad he came home with you for a few days.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Yes continued Mojo for the Père ohana. Hope B-VB is able to get his ish together at some point. You deserve a break!
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string

If you like war movies, 1917 is brilliant.
    The story, the cinematography, the intensity, all incredible.
    You are 100% there, along for the ride.
    Compass Rose 5 string

A very happy and healthy new day to all!
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

Thread Information