::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Back at it. Breakfast this morning is a small bowl with a scoop of spicy humus, scoop of avocado, boiled egg, cucumber slices.

Twenty years ago I would have laughed in your face if you told me I'd be eating this for breakfast . . . and enjoying it!

Just learned that the Costoco near us is closing in September. Boooo.

Now we'll have to drive to Paradise Valley (about 15 minutes) so I guess we're still living large.

Costcos close? I had no idea this could happen. The two near us are always crazy busy - the one in Aloha is so busy that I can never find parking - EVER. I go to Hillsboro exclusively now because their parking lot is way bigger than Aloha's - probably same number of cars parked, but you can find something at the fringes.

Back at it. Breakfast this morning is a small bowl with a scoop of spicy humus, scoop of avocado, boiled egg, cucumber slices.

Twenty years ago I would have laughed in your face if you told me I'd be eating this for breakfast . . . and enjoying it!

Minus the cucumber that sounds great! If you'd told me twenty years ago that I would like hummus I'd have laughed in your face - now I even make it sometimes and love it!

Minus the cucumber that sounds great! If you'd told me twenty years ago that I would like hummus I'd have laughed in your face - now I even make it sometimes and love it!

I added roasted garlic to a basic hummus recipe a while back. Uh. Muh. Gawd. That stuff was the bomb. I did a roasted red pepper version too, and it was very good, but the garlic was to die for.

I added roasted garlic to a basic hummus recipe a while back. Uh. Muh. Gawd. That stuff was the bomb. I did a roasted red pepper version too, and it was very good, but the garlic was to die for.

We have a place called Oren's Humus (I think it's a chain) that is incredible. They have roasted garlic, roasted red pepper, a bunch of different types of humus (edamame humus). My favorite is actually their babagagnoush.

I think I just like saying that.

Costcos close? I had no idea this could happen. The two near us are always crazy busy - the one in Aloha is so busy that I can never find parking - EVER. I go to Hillsboro exclusively now because their parking lot is way bigger than Aloha's - probably same number of cars parked, but you can find something at the fringes.

I think it is because their lease will be up. Costco prefers to own their properties.

Please share your recipe. I’ve never made it but I want to. And I’m a garlic nut.

So I got my refund from Amazon and got a 300 to 400 dollar banjo for 175 it sounds good I'm going to take it to the music store and get some new strings for it and have him check it out.

Please share your recipe. I’ve never made it but I want to. And I’m a garlic nut.

https://cookieandkate.com/best-hummus-recipe/

To do roasted garlic I just cut the top off a whole bulb of garlic, drizzled it generously with olive oil, wrapped it in foil, and baked it in the oven for I think an hour. The individual cloves will just slip out of the skins and be a rich, creamy brown and mellow and garlicky. Yum. You can just spread it on toast or bread if you can't wait to finish making the hummus... But if you can wait - add all the roasted cloves at the same time you add the chickpeas.

To do roasted red pepper I roasted a pepper over the flame of our stove (gas). I suppose you could use a torch if you don't have a gas stove or do it out on the grill...whatever works. Rotate it in the flame until the outer skin is dark brown/black and bubbly. The skin should peel off easily under cold water. Seed and de-vein the pepper and cut it into chunks and add it with the chickpeas. It was delicious, too.

To do roasted garlic I just cut the top off a whole bulb of garlic, drizzled it generously with olive oil, wrapped it in foil, and baked it in the oven for I think an hour. The individual cloves will just slip out of the skins and be a rich, creamy brown and mellow and garlicky. Yum. You can just spread it on toast or bread if you can't wait to finish making the hummus... But if you can wait - add all the roasted cloves at the same time you add the chickpeas.

To do roasted red pepper I roasted a pepper over the flame of our stove (gas). I suppose you could use a torch if you don't have a gas stove or do it out on the grill...whatever works. Rotate it in the flame until the outer skin is dark brown/black and bubbly. The skin should peel off easily under cold water. Seed and de-vein the pepper and cut it into chunks and add it with the chickpeas. It was delicious, too.

Be sure to chill well before serving - let the flavors blend. I bet you could do roasted garlic and red pepper together - that would be the bomb.

You can do it with the broiler of your oven. Just turn it after it turns black. Set them in a bowl and cover them with plastic wrap and let them steam for a bit and then peel off all the char.

Top Bottom