::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I had a donut last week from Donut Day. Best donuts. It was marvelous. Good thing it's not a habit!

Good to know. I didn’t get a donut that day. I ended up eating leftover biryani for brunch then decided a donut afterwards would be too much carbs.

Mrs Pere just came home weeping after trying to get her mother set up with an old-peoples' smart phone. The old lady won't have a car in two weeks (insurance is expiring and cannot be renewed). She needs the phone to use the driving service set up for her. I guess she thinks that if she doesn't get the phone whe won't really be stranded.

((Mrs.)) I hate when my parents need help with their computer. I usually have my brother, who is a saint, help them with computer issues when he is down from Seattle.

Personally I'd love to see very tight restrictions on campaign spending and timing. Starting a campaign way more than a year before the election itself is obnoxious. I'd much rather see publicly funded campaigns, though the questions of who gets the public funding and how you determine viability of candidates is a can of worms. Still - have a 6 week campaign period in which the contestants (and their supporters) are allowed to spend a set budget however they see fit. Congress can adjourn during that time, the president can campaign during that time if running for reelection. The rest of their time is actually spent doing the job for which they were elected.

After high school I worked canvassing for Ospirg. At the time we were working with the NRA on campaign finance reform to limit spending on state and federal levels. <sigh>

After high school I worked canvassing for Ospirg. At the time we were working with the NRA on campaign finance reform to limit spending on state and federal levels. <sigh>

OSPIRG working WITH the NRA? Wow. Yeah - that would be impossible now.

It was Bloomberg's own money. I laugh at people who say taking care of the poor should be done by private and religious groups. Seriously? Religious groups, especially, are in serious decline across the country. People (in general) aren't that generous.

It ain't gonna happen for sure. He spent the better part of a billion dollars. He was one day in the primaries and got no states. Last night his adds were still running on TV and he has pulled out of the race. It just seems like the money could be better spent on something else.

Hi gang,
Got busy and got out of the habit of stopping by. Busy with spring time plans. Currently have a fundraiser going for the Nashville Arts and Entertainment Commission ( I am on the committee now), selling chestnut trees and the profits go towards 2 local groups. Starting to get the greenhouse ready for the spring. Overall, can't complain.

Hi gang,
Got busy and got out of the habit of stopping by. Busy with spring time plans. Currently have a fundraiser going for the Nashville Arts and Entertainment Commission ( I am on the committee now), selling chestnut trees and the profits go towards 2 local groups. Starting to get the greenhouse ready for the spring. Overall, can't complain.

What do you have growing in the greenhouse these days? And chestnut trees? Like real chestnuts or horse chestnuts? We have horse chestnuts around here but I don't know that I've ever seen a real chestnut tree.

Rejoice with me. I'm wearing 36 waist pants for the first time in about half a decade. Granted, there's a lot of elastic in the waistband, but still. . .

What do you have growing in the greenhouse these days? And chestnut trees? Like real chestnuts or horse chestnuts? We have horse chestnuts around here but I don't know that I've ever seen a real chestnut tree.

At the moment, just Chinese chives and onions. The chestnuts are a cross of American and Chinese chestnuts, blight resistant and delicious. They come from here. https://www.eusnerfarms.com/

I've been to Safelite for the 3rd time to get all the bells and whistles working. It took the tech about 5 minutes to fix. His 5 minute fix took me an hour of driving. I got a free pair of wiper blades to take the edge off the experience, but that's not how my values system works. Free wipers doesn't make a zero star experience into a 5 star. Most frogs you kiss don't turn into princes.

1) They need to have better quality control. Double-check the work before the car goes leaves the shop.
2) This was the worst customer service experience I've had in a long time. Every attempt I made to contact the shop to resolve the issues looped back to an ineffective call center.

I could say more but I'll just get spun up again.

Top Bottom