::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Our realtor says she's seeing increased interest in our condo (fingers crossed).

A man came in last week to look at it for his mother, who will be moving to the Rochester area. He was interested enough to come back this week and bring his mother with him. Apparently, according to the realtor, she really liked it, but there has been no purchase offer, yet....

I guess you don't have to worry about them blinking if the power goes out.

Their power will go out in about a week & a half. It’s important to heep them running. If we leave to travel I deliberately stop them because they will lose the timing between the hands and the chime. They’re finicky. One has to be hung a full degree off plumb or it won’t run. A floor-standing granddaughter clock requires a particular shim to keep her happy. I just love the machinery aspect of them.

Last edited:
Their power will go out in about a week & a half. It’s important to heep them running. If we leave to travel I deliberately stop them because they will lose the timing between the hands and the chime. They’re finicky. One has to be hung a full degree off plumb or it won’t run. A floor-standing granddaughter clock requires a particular shim to keep her happy. I just love the machinery aspect of them.

Somewhere at the condo in NY I have an old, Black Forest cuckoo clock that was my grandfather's. He bought it somewhere (used), and brought it home to tinker with. He took the works out of the case, intact, and removed all the finish from the elaborately carved wooden case.

When they moved from their house into an apartment, the project got packed into a box, moved and forgotten about. He died a couple of years later, and when we moved my grandmother closer to us, we rediscovered the clock, and she gave it to me.

I took it to a clockmaker in town to be finished, so I could use it. He finished it, and it operated well. Unfortunately, he stained the wood very dark, almost black, and I never liked the look of it. It certainly didn't look good with my oak furniture.

Somewhere it still sits in its box. I'll find it when we empty the condo, and try to decide what to do with it. There's no room for it here....

We're leaving tomorrow on our trip up North. As I said before, I'm very excited to see my granddaughter in her high school play. I'm not nearly as excited by the prospect of returning to northern late winter weather....

I hope her play is still a "go"

All those events are cancelled out here. The choir and orchestra had a concert on Friday with no audience. They live streamed it for parents to watch.

All those events are cancelled out here. The choir and orchestra had a concert on Friday with no audience. They live streamed it for parents to watch.

Indianapolis closed a school today. The whole thing is pretty weird, no clue whether it's going to get out of control or fade away.

Heading to Kentucky today, gonna meet my brother and head down to buy hybrid chestnut trees for my fundraiser. Big bro is pretty excited and stretching the thing into a 3 day excursion.

All spectators are pretty much banned from sporting events as well. I was told by some students that parents still come to the game but they sit spread out in the stands.

Indianapolis closed a school today. The whole thing is pretty weird, no clue whether it's going to get out of control or fade away.

There were four schools reported as closed today and two more were re-opening after a deep cleaning.

The best advice for us geezers is to stay away from large gatherings. Church is especially noted. We took Mrs Pere's mother to a concert of the Glenn Miller Orchestra. As you might expect, the audience was loaded with those for whom this was the music of their youth. But what a petri dish for a Covid-19 outbreak.

The local bishop has put some policy in place to limit transmission. She also wants to expand the list of available supply clergy. Time to blow the dust off my clericals, visit with the bishop, and take my place on the firing line.

The monkey in the movie was also Marcel from Friends. That’s why he had to be written out of Friends. He moved on to a movie career.

And here I thought he was written out of Friends because people realized a monkey was a really stupid thing for Ross to have.

Burt is invisible.

"I'm Gunga Dinh!"

For some reason I always remember that line. It's when he regains conscientiousness and his head is wrapped in bandages. I think it's just before he starts to think he's invisible. I might have to binge watch that this summer if I can find it.

Top Bottom