::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Ten minutes away is a town that has a restaurant and a gas station.

40 minutes away is a real town, with a hospital and a walmart and everything.

Or we can add ten more minutes and get to a town with a Menard's and a Kohl's.

Not too bad in the summer. Winter's a different beast.

Speaking of which, how are you feeling this week Don?

I think you had a treatment at the start of the week right?

Long story short: my chemotherapy regimen failed. The cancer I have is too aggressive to get results with standard treatment. So, the big rush has been on to find me an alternative therapy.

I have applied to be accepted into a clinical trial of CAR T therapy, which is an immunotherapy involving the genetic modification oh my blood's T cells. To that end, I have a huge week of testing, poking and prodding coming up at Moffitt Cancer Center, in Tampa. We go Sunday, stay over, and have a full day of tests on Monday. CT scan, PET scan, EEG, EKG, ultrasound, blood labs, interviews with social workers, psychiatrists, etc.

Stay over Monday night and have most of a day of testing on Tuesday. Then we come home until Thursday, and then return to the hotel in Tampa, for an early morning tumor biopsy on Friday. It won't be until late Friday until they decide whether or not I'll be accepted into this clinical trial.

Assuming I am, we will return to the hotel on Sunday night, preparatory to T cell harvesting on Monday. The collected T cells will be frozen, and sent to a lab in California for genetic modification. Seventeen days later those modified T cells come back and get reintroduced into my bloodstream. The expected side effects are severe, so they may need to keep me in the hospital for a couple of weeks....

I am hoping for the best possible outcome Don.

All the mojo I gots coming your way.

Don. We are thinking of you and your progress. May it stay positive and pain free.

Remember, gluten isn't just in wheat. Also BARLEY (as in hops) and RYE.

I didn't know that.

Every food science book I've read only mentions gluten associated with wheat. I've read that soy sauce contains a small amount of gluten as well and figured it was something in the processing. Does soy have gluten too?

If they build it up, that means our lake will grow. Currently, it spills over the trail and into the adjoining property. I believe that land is owned by the school district, for some reason. I should pull out the plat map.

Something I will never be able to say while living in Silicon Valley.

Long story short: my chemotherapy regimen failed. The cancer I have is too aggressive to get results with standard treatment. So, the big rush has been on to find me an alternative therapy.

I have applied to be accepted into a clinical trial of CAR T therapy, which is an immunotherapy involving the genetic modification oh my blood's T cells. To that end, I have a huge week of testing, poking and prodding coming up at Moffitt Cancer Center, in Tampa. We go Sunday, stay over, and have a full day of tests on Monday. CT scan, PET scan, EEG, EKG, ultrasound, blood labs, interviews with social workers, psychiatrists, etc.

Stay over Monday night and have most of a day of testing on Tuesday. Then we come home until Thursday, and then return to the hotel in Tampa, for an early morning tumor biopsy on Friday. It won't be until late Friday until they decide whether or not I'll be accepted into this clinical trial.

Assuming I am, we will return to the hotel on Sunday night, preparatory to T cell harvesting on Monday. The collected T cells will be frozen, and sent to a lab in California for genetic modification. Seventeen days later those modified T cells come back and get reintroduced into my bloodstream. The expected side effects are severe, so they may need to keep me in the hospital for a couple of weeks....

Whoa, that's the same treatment one of my co-worker's son is going through.

I hope you get in Don. Matthew has had great results so far.

Also, stay positive and vent here when needed.

(((All the PoHo MoJo I have)))

Just tried to take a nap. It was bad like a 0-0 tie in soccer. Neither sleep nor wakefulness won and the result was disappointing.

I think I'll go into "town" tomorrow and check out the coffee shop. Town is in quotes because there's.... not much.

I think there are 3 restaurants (pizza, theoretically Mexican, steak house), a barber and a hairdresser, a coffee shop, a church, and... I think that's it? There's a private air strip, for some reason.

But this is my home, or will be, so I better come to terms with what's here and what ain't.

Hugo and I went for a drive this morning. It's 4 restaurants, and the hairdresser's is for sale. I can't find the barber any more, and I must have hallucinated the coffee shop.

So the town consists of 4 restaurants and a church. Lord help me.

This sounds A) like it blows but B) I'm glad there's more option than just the chemo. ((((((((jugs))))))))

Top Bottom