::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I have a surgically implanted chemo access port on the right side of my chest, now, and as soon as I get into the hospital I will receive a different kind, surgically implanted on the left side. I think they're calling this one a tri-lumen line?

Anyways, they make bathing difficult, as they have to be covered with plastic bandaging so as not to get wet.

Just one more complication, I guess....

The whole regimen sounds like a royal PITA, Don. But still, considering the alternative. . .

Hang in there Mailman. Deliver.

This morning I took the last of the recent steroid regimen. Now it looks like another sleepless night of steroid induced insomnia....

Get some weed! Seriously if it wasn’t a federal crime to mail it I’d be overnighting you a brownie.

I haven't had any firm ideas, yet, but I'm open to suggestions. Something about survival, about being genetically modified, about beating cancer.

Still a work in its infancy....

I've always referred to the large tumor in my abdomen as "the Monster". That's my view of my lymphoma. Maybe something to do with a monster slayer?

Get some weed! Seriously if it wasn’t a federal crime to mail it I’d be overnighting you a brownie.

Thanks, Sally, I really appreciate the thought. I've just got so much on my plate right now that I haven't pursued the idea. Maybe if nausea becomes an issue in the hospital, I'll ask....

I've managed to spend all of two hours in bed tonight, not all of that sleeping. The rest of the night has been spent here, in my recliner, PoHoing and rocking to beat the band. I'll be in great shape all day tomorrow....

This is why the hotel gives us a king suite each visit. We have to bring my recliner to the hotel with us each time. I just can't stay in bed at night.

Poor Elaine looks for help at this end and the Tampa end, but sometimes gets stuck wrestling the chair around all by herself. I feel awful about it, but I can't help her. Sometimes I can pay the bellboys at the hotel to do it, and sometimes we can grab a neighbor at this end.

The girl is the best freaking advocate a guy in need could want, and I love her dearly....

This is why the hotel gives us a king suite each visit. We have to bring my recliner to the hotel with us each time. I just can't stay in bed at night.

Poor Elaine looks for help at this end and the Tampa end, but sometimes gets stuck wrestling the chair around all by herself. I feel awful about it, but I can't help her. Sometimes I can pay the bellboys at the hotel to do it, and sometimes we can grab a neighbor at this end.

The girl is the best freaking advocate a guy in need could want, and I love her dearly....

I'd really, really like to eat a popsicle right now (counts as fluids), but I can't for two reasons. Firstly, the noise of the freezer drawer would wake Elaine. Secondly, today are those stupid dietary restrictions. No sugars of carbs today.

Of, well. I guess I don't get my stupid popsicle this morning....

Joy of joys! My restless leg syndrome has decided to kick in with a vengeance. I may be up and pacing around to apartment, soon....

Top Bottom