::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

So here goes again.

I get zapped like Sally's MIL next Weds. at the same time my defibrillator is implanted. The zapping should fix my arrhythmia, but only temporarily. They said it rarely cures arrhythmia and it always comes back. The defibrillator is actually only an insurance policy against a heart attack caused by arrhythmia. The real procedure to treat the arrhythmia will happen six weeks later. I'm having a cardio ablation done. They'll send wires through my arteries up to my heart and basically cauterize the cells that are overactive and sending the extra signals to my lower chambers. Since I'm "young" they said I might need to get it done a second or even third time down the road if the arrhythmia comes back. Right now my resting pulse is 100+ bpm meaning I'm in constant arrhythmia. Not good. Hopefully this fixes the arrhythmia and my heart has a chance to grow stronger.

What's crazy to me is that it's an outpatient procedure. Same with the ablation.

I guess that should put me more at ease but I'm still really nervous.

I'm visiting from the future. Is this done now?

Hope your insurance and the other party take care of your car without incident.

The second to last time I got rear ended was by a twenty-something kid. I offered to let him pay without the insurance companies getting involved and he took that as a sign of potential guilt on my part I guess. After about three calls and three excuses about why he shouldn't have to pay (dumb kid, I had a police report). I told him I was just going to report it to insurance and ask that they subpoena his phone records to see if he was on his cell, and that his insurance was going to least double if he was.

I know I don't have that kind of power, but I had a cashiers check within three hours.

The last time I got rear-ended was a teen on her phone. I didn't bother trying to be nice this time and just went straight through insurance.

Last time I got in an accident I didn't even get out of the car. I just let the cops get all the info and the insurance company got it from them.

B V-B joined us and our hosts for dinner on Friday. Saw glimpses of his better self. When he’s on his mind is razor sharp. He’s quick with the appropriate and charming memory. His manners are a credit to his parents. It leaves one hopeful.

He’s going to walk the Camino de Santiago again. He thinks that way lies healing. Want’s to do it sober and cigarette-free by the time he reaches Santiago, busking as he goes. He returns to Leavenworth a few days before the baby is due. Cutting it close. Mrs Pere fears for his safety (of course). I hope that he gains even half the good he’s looking for.

It’s hard to explain the draw of the Camino. It’s more than a religious (or non-religious spiritual) experience. The rhythms of the walk: rise, eat, walk, eat, walk, until reaching the next evening’s stop. One’s daily stopping place needn’t be planned in advance and can’t be reserved. The route from St Jean to Santiago divides roughly into three sections: first for the body, then the mind, then the spirit. By the time you reach Santiago you have been hardened, opened, and tended. Ad Hoc families develop along the way that take special care of one another, the companionship often leading to lifelong friendships. None of this even reaches the tip of the iceberg in describing the experience of walking the Camino de Santiago.

He flies out 8/22, the third anniversary of our departure date. Of your mercy send some PoHoMoJo his way.

I hope this is a transformative experience for him.

My first masters degree is an MPA - that's a master of public administration (rather than business administration). Running a public entity (like a country) is not a good thing.

I thought public administration would be fun to take. Then I got a C, so I didn't take anything beyond the intro. Interesting wasn't worth dragging my GPA.

I watched Age of Ultron and Infinity War on the plane back from London. Age of Ultron was pretty understandable, but Infinity War was nearly incomprehensible. The Marvel movies depend on each other so much now that I really don't plan on watching them any more. We don't see movies much and trying to slog through a universe that requires 20 previous episodes (exaggeration, I know) is a bit much.

I agree totally.

At one time I could fairly easily speed up or slow down my heart rate at will. I freaked out a nurse at a blood drive in college by doing it while he was taking my pulse. It was hilarious. He wasn't going to let me donate until I convinced him I could do it for fun - I had him put his stethoscope on my chest and listen while I sped it up and then slowed it back down again. I could go between about 60 and 90 bpm. I haven't tried that for a long time - it was just a matter of thinking peaceful or active thoughts and imagining my heart rate that would correspond - and my heart would go along with it.

I can control my BP like that. It's a weird hobby.

I’m breathing a little easier. I didn’t realize how much I wasn’t breathing fully until I was. If that makes sense.

Total sense. We love them as much as we can, the best we know how, but you never know if it's going to be enough to help them through what they have to go through.

Kinda. It’s junk food, for sure. They are better using Doritos. But then Doritos Nacho cheese are my guiltiest pleasure.

Fritos are gluten free.
Doritos Cool Ranch are gluten free.
Doritos Nacho Cheese have gluten. :(

I slept well.

Chest is sore but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I'm able to move my left arm about freely I'm just not supposed to lift if higher than 90*

and it hurts my chest a little every time I move my arm :)

Stop testing it.

Well, I'm all caught up. Guess I'll go to work and get caught up there.

We're home from the cabin and everything is normal.

Well, maybe I'll wait and change over the laundry first. Save myself some ironing.

I learned how to drive a stick shift on the way to an emergency room. Not the smoothest ride ever for the victim.

When I was first dating My first husband he had an asthma attack and I had to drive him to the ER in his car. It was a 1968 corvette. I knew how to drive a stick but the car was intimidating.

Top Bottom