::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

When we were in the middle of our infertility journey I was driving across the Golde Gate Bridge and I saw a jumper’s heels go over the railing. Found out later he’d thrown his 2 year old over a minute before. Custody dispute. How can you waste a life like that?

People are messed up.

I cycled back and forth from wishing I’d pushed him to wishing I could have had the child. We lived about 15 miles line-of-sight from the GG Bridge then. It was a couple of years before I stopped seeing bodies falling from the bridge when I’d look (though we were too far away to see that kind of detail).

There is a film about Golden Gate Bridge suicides, apparently it happens a lot.

I'm not supposed to go to school because I'm on a "leave" but I think I'll cruise in around lunch and do some planning.

You can only play so much fortnite. Plus I really suck at it. It's hard to play on the xbox because the joystick moves the aiming curser so fast. I was trying to get better so I could play with James. When he does invite me to play with him I die within 30 seconds and he just rolls his eyes :)

You are a terrible patient Gary.

On the road. Stopped at a park to walk the dogs and go potty. It’s at about the halfway mark and a nice huge park, we often stop here for a short break.

Back to driving...

Flowers & a card, prolly. I'm not the King of Romance. We've been eating out a lot. So dinner? Meh. RL Kid is around to spoil the mood. I probably ought to start looking for a card.

Mrs Pere rarely drinks and hates bubbles, so there goes the cocktails or champagne. I'm shooting blanks.

I slept well.

Chest is sore but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I'm able to move my left arm about freely I'm just not supposed to lift if higher than 90*

and it hurts my chest a little every time I move my arm :)

Gary, glad the procedure went well and you got some good sleep.

I was supposed to be at the courthouse for jury duty. Guess who slept in and missed the time to be at the court house?!

I have a new juror number and new date in Sept. Sigh.

Last edited:
Today I got the CITES certificates I applied for about 5 months ago. I just couldn't help but send them an email.

"Hi Anna,
Since it took nearly 5 months to get our certificates and they are only valid for 6 months, do you recommend that we apply for more immediately, or do you expect your department to become more competent in the future? Thank you, Mike"

Bwahahahaha! Bureaucracy, got to love it.

Top Bottom