::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We've found a new favorite spot for lunch on Tuesdays; Tijuana Flats, a Tex-Mexican chain, primarily in Florida.

On Tuesdays they have a special, which is two large tacos (soft shell or hard, beef or chicken), tortilla chips and a drink with free refills for $5.99.

They have a hot sauce bar that offers probably twenty different sauces to try. I had to laugh at one of the hot sauce company's name. They're called "Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally", and have three or four different sauces on the bar. Each sauce is also available to purchase by the bottle at the counter.

We'll be going there regularly, I'm sure....

I’m going to need some of that sauce.

Blue sky and sunshine right now. Only in the twenties for a high today. Kinda winter like Friday through Sunday or Monday. I guess not every day is paradise.

So they are calling for freezing rain on Saturday prayers that everyone can make it safe mountain roads and ice no good well ice no good any day on any road.

I’m going to need some of that sauce.

I like spicy foods and hot sauces, but I don't like when it completely dominates the flavor. If all you taste is heat, you mask the food. Maybe crap cooks do this on purpose?!

I like a little heat on the tail end of a bite to accentuate not overpower.

grandpa looks okay but sounds awful.

He told me it was good that I visited and thanked me for bringing James because he doesn't think he'll make it much longer. He's been saying that for 5 years now even before he was diagnosed with colon cancer.

grandpa looks okay but sounds awful.

He told me it was good that I visited and thanked me for bringing James because he doesn't think he'll make it much longer. He's been saying that for 5 years now even before he was diagnosed with colon cancer.

I think death has been on his mind a lot lately. They didn't want to come out to my sister's house for Christmas (my grandmother was recovering from a broken ankle) so I brought all the great-grandkids to them. On the way out, he grabbed my arm to spin me around and gave me a big hug. He hasn't done that since I was an aloof teen and too cool to hug and kiss them any more. (my family isn't big on displays of affection)

Sitting in my seat waiting to taxi and take off for Lana'i. Plane is not crowded at all.
Some days all 48 seats are full.

Top Bottom