::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I thought I was doing well. Been without my glucose sensor for two weeks, finally got it (insurance snafu) and my first reading was 200. I wasn't doing well. With the instant feedback of the monitor embedded in my arm I'm able to control my blood sugar and keep it within 90-140 range. Sometimes it spikes if I have a certain type of carb like rice for instance. Ramen has been okay but I can only have about a cup worth of noodles. I've been eating a small amount and then filling up on chicken karaage or tofu and my blood sugar has been stable.

I think I've been overeating again mostly. Went to Sweet Tomatoes (Soup Plantation in other areas) and over ate; Indian Food buffet and over ate; made matsutake mushroom rice and had too much rice, and it was on that next day (today) my morning BS was 200. Not too smart and my will power sucks.

It’s so hard. Today someone gave me a piece of cheese cake at work. I took a bite and put it in the fridge. Then after lunch I nibbled on the rest.
My boss who is diabetic wolfed hers down. In two bites.
So I’m doing better than her but still not great. I rationalized it by telling myself it was a small piece and didn’t have any flour. Ha!

No it's for my regular culinary classes. My "living skills" units will be part of culinary. I'm just thinking it would be an easy way for kids that are interested to show some pride in the class and also to sort of "advertise" what we do and what we learn. I have a sneaking suspicion that the current administration is trying to do away with as many vocational classes as they can get away with. In the last ten years we've lost woodshed, metalshop, autoshop and a couple more have been cut back like photography and a few art classes.

I kind of want to "build my brand" and build up my program so they can't shut it down. Not that big of a deal really, I can always go to a neighbor school and take over their program. They have a much better facility and much more interest.

If you want the kids to participate, snapchat is where it's at.

The last couple of years I've noticed a lot of "Olivia's". can you think of any reason this name got popular about 15 years ago?

50 years ago it was popular because of the woman who played Romeo and Juliet in the movie. 30 years ago it was because of Newton-John.
What happened 15 years ago?

I have a couple I massage once a month. I go to their house. Last month when I saw them they scheduled for today. Yesterday morning I sent them a reminder text saying I’d be at their home at noon. (Weeks ago I blocked myself out at the spa from 11-3 so I wouldn’t get double booked.) Last night at 7:30 they responded to my reminder text that they had too many other things going on and would have to reschedule, would Monday (a holiday) or next Saturday work?
So I’m out any $$ I might have made at the spa, I have to decide if I want to work a holiday or block myself out at the spa next Saturday.
They are regularly good customers but have done this to me more than twice in the last few years.

I’m not pissed, just irritated.

I hope your day gets better Soo.

Do you have a non refundable deposit for this type of booking?

Normal chargers take a few hours. So I can get a half a charge at the movies.

Tesla superchargers take about 20 min last time I looked.

Unless there's a line at Costco my fill-up takes about 5.

I know the range issues can be managed, but it will take a lot of unlearning & re-learning.

(Smoke gently wafts out of ears)

This is exhausting. lol.

Base of the blind is constructed and has been lifted, barnraising style.
New TV antenna doesn't work. Or does. I can't remember. Let's go with does.
Well guy is coming Monday, $1200.
Couldn't come to an arrangement with the prospective long term tenant so we said no. And I feel good about that.
Reviewed the game camera footage from our trail and saw a cute little black bear, and a coyote.
My FIL is babbling about... no idea. Safety switches of some kind.
Hugo is panhandling for cabbage.
The day is progressing.

noun
a mineral deposit of gravel, sand, and nitrates, found especially in dry areas of South America.
an area of calcium carbonate formed in the soils of semiarid regions.

Google is my friend.

Ain't nobody got time for google. I'm on catchup.

It's 69° on the lanai this morning! So very pleasant. I'll miss the summer heat soon enough, but in this moment? Bliss.

Double-digit temps in Phoenix also brings out hoodies and even bolder winter fashion. 97° and a hoodie? I can't even.

Today was a basketball tournament.

James played great. He's finally starting to hustle on both ends. Up til now he's always been one of the better kids because of his natural ability. Now, on the club team he's having to work a bit harder to get more playing time. He did really well today and it was really noticeable. All the parents came up and congratulated him on the way he played today. I think he'll start to get it now that he has to give 100%

We also lost to our nemesis again. We play for 3rd tomorrow. 1st time we're not playing for the championship.

I don't care for sports at all, but the way you look at the learning process is really interesting and pleasant to me.

Top Bottom